XBMC 9.12.05 Build has DVD Menu Support

Started by Melbosa, September 12, 2005, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Cova

All I can say is its about damn time.  Hopefully this also means it'll support multi-angle video, which when played from the VOB directly resulted in both video clips alternating back and forth every few seconds.

Lazybones

I would be happy if I didn't have to hard code my servers and workstations for SAMBA to work.. Seems like it will browse properly once and a while but other times it can't even open the workgroup whice of course doesn't have a password.

XBMC is really starting to round out, I am still amazed that there isn't a ligit program out there that offers what it does.. Sure there is the Media Center extender for XBOX but that requires another PC to stream the video from what I understand.

Cova

Network browsing from XBMC works great at my place - only thing it can't do is browse hidden shares, and there's no interface to type them in to.  Then again, I run AD at home and have created an account for the xbox  that has permissions on all the shares I like to browse.

And even though it works fine, I rarely use the network browser anyways.  99% of the time I want the main video's share on my file server, and having a hard-coded shortcut straight to it (it's a few directories in from the share-point) saves me a fair bit of time every time I want to watch something.  99% of the remaining percent of the time, its something I've just downloaded on my workstation and I'd rather watch on the TV than my monitor, and I have a hard-coded link to the video share on my workstation too.  Network browsing works - but a customized video menu on the xbox for my common video locations is just so much easier and faster to use.

Lazybones

Quote from: "Cova"Network browsing from XBMC works great at my place - only thing it can't do is browse hidden shares, and there's no interface to type them in to.  Then again, I run AD at home and have created an account for the xbox  that has permissions on all the shares I like to browse.

And even though it works fine, I rarely use the network browser anyways.  99% of the time I want the main video's share on my file server, and having a hard-coded shortcut straight to it (it's a few directories in from the share-point) saves me a fair bit of time every time I want to watch something.  99% of the remaining percent of the time, its something I've just downloaded on my workstation and I'd rather watch on the TV than my monitor, and I have a hard-coded link to the video share on my workstation too.  Network browsing works - but a customized video menu on the xbox for my common video locations is just so much easier and faster to use.

Stopped running in Domain mode at home for various reasons, seems to be a problem with workgroups that is common in the forums.

One hard link is not bad, but when you have a server and three workstations its not really optimal for the few times you need the links, browsing should just work.