Woot, My future DLP TV is available in canada.

Started by TheDruid, August 28, 2006, 09:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

Picked up mine at "The Source" for like $50.  @%&#ing highway robbery

Ustauk

Quote from: TheDruid on August 29, 2006, 11:28:38 PM
I pretty much have all the cables i need right now. since i already purchased the best quality cabling for each component i had hooked up to my old TV. Ive been buying the Philips brand from walmart. Its great combination of quality and price, all gold plated with thick shielding.

The only cabling i need now is an HDMI cable, but i wont need that untill i pick up my HD PVR. BTW, i am on the lookout for a good quality reasonably priced HDMI cables. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I remember Cova had a source for good, yet inexpensive cables online.  You may want to PM him.

Lazybones

Cova

Melbosa is planning to make an order from www.monoprice.com in the near future (if he hasn't already).  Might be able to get in on that and save some shipping.

Ustauk

Quote from: Lazybones on August 30, 2006, 09:18:35 AM
Or you could have just done a quick  :search: and found Cova's thread on ordering cable
Whoops, I forgot he had a post.  I just remembered him talking about how he got a deal on his cables once.

Ustauk

I just talked to Melbosa, and he hasn't sent out the order yet, so there's still time to send him a personal message containing your addendum to the order.

TheDruid

I dont need one any more. I thought the Shaw PVR had HDMI, but its only componenet. Im going to have a serious problem when i get my PVR, because my TV only has 2 component in. But my DVD player, XBOX and the PVR are all component.

I guess i could just drop my DVD player and use my XBOX as the DVD player. Or i could just go get the HDMI cable for the XBOX. I think a 3rd party company makes one.
I only drink the blood of my enemies, and on occasion a strawberry smoothie.

Ustauk

Quote from: TheDruid on August 30, 2006, 01:56:30 PM
I dont need one any more. I thought the Shaw PVR had HDMI, but its only componenet. Im going to have a serious problem when i get my PVR, because my TV only has 2 component in. But my DVD player, XBOX and the PVR are all component.

I guess i could just drop my DVD player and use my XBOX as the DVD player. Or i could just go get the HDMI cable for the XBOX. I think a 3rd party company makes one.

Excuse my ignorance, but can you use one of those A/V switches that normally switch between right and left audio channels and video RCA cables to switch the red-green-blue component RCA cables?  I wait in trepidation for all you a/v experts to tear me a new one :)

TheDruid

Quote from: Ustauk on August 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PMExcuse my ignorance, but can you use one of those A/V switches that normally switch between right and left audio channels and video RCA cables to switch the red-green-blue component RCA cables?  I wait in trepidation for all you a/v experts to tear me a new one :)

If such a thing exists, which im sure it does, however im sure it would require me to manually go over to it and make the switch... ugg physical movement. There must be some way i can spend money to solve this physical movement problem :P

Ustauk

Quote from: TheDruid on August 30, 2006, 04:08:36 PM
Quote from: Ustauk on August 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PMExcuse my ignorance, but can you use one of those A/V switches that normally switch between right and left audio channels and video RCA cables to switch the red-green-blue component RCA cables?  I wait in trepidation for all you a/v experts to tear me a new one :)

If such a thing exists, which im sure it does, however im sure it would require me to manually go over to it and make the switch... ugg physical movement. There must be some way i can spend money to solve this physical movement problem :P
Well if you're absolutely opposed to any manual labour, and willing to spend the money, you could get an Audio Authority 1154A Component Video AutoSelector .  The cheapest one I could find on ebay is here.

Lazybones

I am very sure I have seen AUTO selectors at both Walmart and Futureshop

TheDruid

Dont matter no more, i just bough a 1080p upconverting DVD player that uses HDMI. Heres the kicker, after buying it, i imediatly went to the Source and bought a HDMI cable, cost me $75. Go home and noticed right on the box of the new DVD player "HDMI Cable Included!" *smacks his forhead*, well i guess im returning a cable now :P

TheDruid

Samsung. It's was the only one at futureshop that upconverted to 1080p. But as an added bonus, since its samsung, it's design matches my TV because there from the same generation. And the remote controls for the TV and DVD player are already programmed for each other  ;D

Watched a few movies last night "upconverted" to 1080p, can't say i really notice much of a difference beteen 720p upconverted - 1080p upconverted. maybe some movies will up convert better then others?