XKCD's brief history of digital music technnology

Started by Darren Dirt, November 21, 2007, 02:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://xkcd.com/345/

Man oh man, that is one comic that I have to remember to revisit and immerse myself in every few months...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 21, 2007, 03:06:00 PM
I'm starting to really dislike XKCD...

?wha? Surprising. What's not to like? ;D

Ah well... it's your choice.

Thorin

Thanks to an XKCD comic done a while back lamenting on the disturbing lack of pictures on the internet of people playing guitar in the shower, there are now pictures available on wetriffs.com.  Probably NOT WORK-SAFE!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on November 21, 2007, 04:52:27 PM
Thanks to an XKCD comic done a while back lamenting on the disturbing lack of pictures on the internet of people playing guitar in the shower, there are now pictures available on wetriffs.com.  Probably NOT WORK-SAFE!

;D

Tonnica

lol I certainly like the flowery on the wetriffs idea. That's Rule 34a at work.

XKCD is, like so many regular comics fraught with ups and downs. Sometimes there's a strip with a single great punchline, sometimes there's a continuity-soaked story. What it comes down to is there's plenty of entertainment, even if some of the comics come off as duds to some readers.

The 1337 strip series loses a bit of entertainment value for sanctifying/vilifying characters. Too much drama, not enough in-line IT/business commentary. I'm not thrilled with the Breakout strip either. I know what he was going for and I love Breakout, but I figure he could have taken a more esoteric approach. But for every one I go "schmuh" at, there's something laugh-out-loud worthy like Highway Engineer Pranks or Cat Proximity.

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!