wtf? hearing aid? crazy lady? or something else...

Started by Darren Dirt, October 29, 2010, 09:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

I think it is a human pattern matching error.. You see what you are familiar with and if too much info is missing the brain fills it in with what we know.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

^ boing boing --> timesink, in this case 12 Monkeys (dammit now I wanna watch it again) and "Michael Cera photobombing" meme (lol)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 29, 2010, 10:24:21 PM
^ boing boing --> timesink, in this case 12 Monkeys (dammit now I wanna watch it again) and "Michael Cera photobombing" meme (lol)

Damn! Now I want to watch it!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Netflix has 12 monkeys if you don't already have it in your own collection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on October 31, 2010, 01:08:11 AM

I do, it's just in one of my cabinets, though which one is a mystery
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 31, 2010, 03:06:01 PM

I do, it's just in one of my cabinets, though which one is a mystery

I have less cabinets in which my DVD library is hiding. Will find it tonight. Let me know which weeknight this week is good for you, it's an excellent excuse for me to come visit my old friend.

Darren Dirt

btw with the way the ending is semi-ambiguous, sorta ... do you think this film should have increased Bruce Willis' "count"? http://visualoop.tumblr.com/post/1453116624/which-actors-have-died-the-most

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 30, 2010, 09:55:28 AM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on October 29, 2010, 10:24:21 PM

Damn! Now I want to watch it!

12 Monkeys SyFy series -- well Gilliam fans, the rumored @%&# is more than a rumor, it's reel.

Teaser is out, editing makes it look not-bad, but from the looks of things very much NOT the plot of the movie*
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/syfys-12-monkeys-trailer-744869

But then any 90-120 second teaser/trailer can look pretty cool and engaging etc. with the right visuals music and of course editing. Plot and dialog and acting and pacing are all a tough combo to balance out solidly, especially in TV series or miniseries. Not much beyond Fringe comes to mind that was a success in developing attachment to characters AND stretching interest in plotline from start to finish, imo.

PS: gotta love IMDB forums; one thread title = "No, No, No, No, No, No, No!!!!!!"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3148266/board/

lol.

*and that is most definitely a good thing. "Acclaimed Film" for a reason. Tread lightly, SyFy!
(also, dammit the following is no longer true, making my impulsive mind sad:
)

Mr. Analog

I have two copies of 12 Monkeys if you don't mind the DVD version

Anyway, I think I saw the news earlier today (or late yesterday) about it. I'm not sure what to think any more about stuff like this. I mean you have some great series like "Hannibal" and then you get iron clad duds like "The Prisoner"

The only TV I'm excited about is the new season of Twin Peaks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I am pretty sure I still have my DVD somewhere, but my laptop has no DVD drive... and I'm at work right now so was thinking of just 'flixing it at end of day after work (like I said, impulsive dbag brain ;) )

But classics gotta be rewatched, maybe one of these nights we have a "12 Monkeys & Doctor Strangelove" double feature! Who's up for that?

Mr. Analog

Definitely up for that.

I got the Stanley Kubrick Blu-Ray collection not that long ago, a much better print than the original Criterion Collection DVD
By Grabthar's Hammer