XBone not for me till Monday

Started by Melbosa, November 22, 2013, 04:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So looks like our lovely weather here in Alberta has delayed my chance at opening weekend with my XBone.  While I am glad I will miss some of the launch issues that today is bringing, I am curious to know if my XBone is one of the DOA ones that some small percentage of people have been getting (just like the PS4 launch).

I guess I'll have to spend my weekend working instead of gaming...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

So what launch titles are on your list?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Ryse, Forza, Killer Instinct.  Actually really looking forward to Titan but might be a PC purchase for me (and not a launch title).  Also preordered Kinect Sports, but it was delayed.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

There seem to be a lot of titles getting pushed back further and further, it's getting frustrating.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think they were just rushing the entire rollouts. The consoles and their release day os were quite... um.. broken.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on November 25, 2013, 08:54:58 AM
I think they were just rushing the entire rollouts. The consoles and their release day os were quite... um.. broken.

Well given how many things that changed feature wise for the XBone since May I'm not surprised that it was patch city first day, though it seems to be par for the course, both PS4 and Wii-U had a lot of patches early on. The Wii-U dashboard patch was a godsend, UI switching was so freaking slow for a while... it was really surprising.

As for games I mean across all systems there are a lot of title delays. One I was really looking forward to was WATCH_DOGS but who knows when that's gonna be out.

Le sigh
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I just meant they were trying really hard to release on time. Which means the release date was scheduled too soon to begin with. "GOTTA RELEASE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!111111ONEONEONEONEOENONE"

And they probably got the devs in too late to get a bunch of first day releases. Especially since software is always late, or horribly buggy ;D
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!