Main Menu

Server Status

Started by Lazybones, December 01, 2021, 12:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on August 14, 2022, 04:14:10 AMIs overviewer still using 1.17 textures?  I notice that the mangrove plank texture doesn't render. You can see here, with the rightmost wooden structure in front of my base.  It should be the same as the one on the left, but you can see where the planks are missing.

Overviewer is set to use 1.19 textures however overviewer still has missing 1.19 support.

https://github.com/overviewer/Minecraft-Overviewer/issues/2046

It is hard to follow exactly what has been committed and what is just a pull request still, someone is currently working on a more general model render vs the hard coded one OV uses. I keep OV fully up to date automatically from the main branch.

I should note that "ACTIVE" explored areas should auto update when support improves but a full re-render of the map may be needed at some point.

LennyLen

Ah well, a waiting game it is then. ;)

Mr. Analog

What's the name of the data pack we use for cutting down trees?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 18, 2022, 03:14:56 PMWhat's the name of the data pack we use for cutting down trees?

Timber (/trigger TimberToggle to turn on and off for your self)

(it is under the Experimental Section on the vanilla tweaks site.)

All mods should be listed in the first post and kept current with the server.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on August 18, 2022, 04:26:01 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 18, 2022, 03:14:56 PMWhat's the name of the data pack we use for cutting down trees?

Timber (/trigger TimberToggle to turn on and off for your self)

(it is under the Experimental Section on the vanilla tweaks site.)

All mods should be listed in the first post and kept current with the server.

Awesome thanks!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on August 18, 2022, 04:26:01 PMAll mods should be listed in the first post and kept current with the server.

You can also see which ones are installed and get further info from reading the entries on the VanillaTweaks tab under advancements.

LennyLen

I've been getting the following error for the last 10 hours or so:

Missing Profile Public Key
This server requires secure profiles

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on September 06, 2022, 01:36:52 PMI've been getting the following error for the last 10 hours or so:

Missing Profile Public Key
This server requires secure profiles

Are you signed in to your Microsoft account / any issued there?

Could be something off on the server as well.. I have restarted the server.

If it doesn't start working let me know and I can turn off secure account logins.

Mr. Analog

I just checked login it's working for me
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

It's working for me now.

I had the same error a few days ago, but that time it was working again within half an hour. 

Lazybones

Very little server activity.

Looks like activity on the server has reached near zero..

Anyone still interested in the server?

I am thinking about dialing back the over viewer updates to once or twice a day as even with no changes it still uses up quite a lot of CPU and I have some other projects I would like to allocate that to.

If there is zero interest in the server I can just shut it all down / suspend it till interest returns as well.

Lazybones

Overviewer will now only update  at 1:30 AM and 1:30 PM.. If server activity picks up or if I get inspired I might change it so it updates based on if someone is online or not.

Also FYI the Overviewer project is no longer actively maintained so it might break after future Mincraft releases.

LennyLen

Due to some RL issues I haven't been playing lately, but there is still more stuff I plan to do when things return back to normal.

Mr. Analog

When the weather gets colder I'll probably be playing more
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Spent some time working on the overviewer script.. It will now detect when players are online.

IF players are online it will run every hour on the half hour while players are online.. Otherwise it will only run once or twice between 1 to 3:30 am Pacific time to ensure it captures the daily heat map and any changes that may have been missed when players logged out.

This should keep resource use lower on my end.