Main Menu

Pokemon Go

Started by Melbosa, July 20, 2016, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Just cause I think some of us are playing... here is the view from my desk at work.

Some helpful links:
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Can't reach anything from my desk or home but my transit commute covers a lot of shops and spawns.

Tom

There is a pokestop at the park here. But I've gotten some decent spawns at home. Couple eevees, one high level, and some other stuff. lots of basic low level stuff as well to level up.

West Ed and Downtown are pretty good places to go for a lot of stops and gyms.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Somebuddy has been playing more than me ... lol

Melbosa

Griesbach is supposed to be a serious place to play.

Mr. Analog

Chicken For Lunch has been buying lures I believe, they posted about it on FB yesterday

There were so many people out yesterday playing Go it was surprising, even at the bar. Nintendo's share price doubled after the launch -> http://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-shares-more-than-doubled-since-pokemon-go-launch/

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So...  It's just about collecting, right?  You don't actually do anything with them once you've collected them?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

You actually can fight at gyms.

I'd try to post a photo of my stats, but I can't load it atm :(

Melbosa

Yeah server issues today.  We took over a gym at NAIT today, guys in my office.

Lazybones

Play includes the following:

- going to key way-points to get free supplies such as more pokeballs (pokestops)
- Roaming around to discover pokemon ( the hot cold style tracker indicator is currently broken)
- leveling up and evolving pokemon to fight at the gyms
- traveling to friendly gyms to train pokemon or add them to the gym to defend it
- Traveling to rival gyms to fight and get rewards or to take them over
- lure modules can be placed at pokestops to attract pokemon to the location for all players in the area
- incense can be used to attract pokemon to you they don't appear for other players
- incubating eggs collected from pokestops, this is done by distance traveled.. 2km, 5km and 10km eggs exist

Future play:
- Trading direct between players (original goal)
- Possible direct local battle system between players. (possibly only rumor)

Edit:notes on Future Play

Tom

I really hope they manage to make a direct local battle system that won't lead to mass street fights, or murders :o not sure how though...

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on July 20, 2016, 02:03:34 PM
I really hope they manage to make a direct local battle system that won't lead to mass street fights, or murders :o not sure how though...

Trading was already supposed to be in as a goal, player vs player battle is more of a rumor but likely feature.

Tom

I collected a crap load of pokeballs, but damn you start going through them pretty quick.... Im out. :(

Lazybones

My backpack is always full I have over 200 Pokeballs right now... While I can hit shops like crazy on my commute I only get a few pokemon each time.. Don't have a lot of time to walk the parts at least during the week... Might have to power level this weekend.

I got a few lucky eggs, going to use them and evolve a few pokemon to super level a bit.. Want to checkout the gyms, really haven't had a chance or a pokemon high enough to even try.

Tom

Ive traded in a crap load of crap pokemon. Or id have a full bag probably.