Telus PureFibre

Started by Lazybones, December 14, 2018, 03:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

You really need to pay attention to the "NORMAL" price you revert to when these promos expire. Then again there is always a new promo to jump on near then.

There as so many people out there that don't pay attention to this and their bills in general.

Lazybones

It's a RETENTION special but 1GB Unlimited for $85/mo is not bad.. Still cost creep, however.

Telus has a bunch of black Friday promos on for new customers right now as well.. New customers would qualify for the same plan at $99/mo for 2 years.

Melbosa

So jelly... no fibre into my house yet!  Still have Shaw Fibre+ at 1G/100mbps
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on November 27, 2020, 02:16:39 AMSo jelly... no fibre into my house yet!  Still have Shaw Fibre+ at 1G/100mbps

Samesies.  It's at the point now where the connection is fast enough for anything we do in our house, and it's just a bragging number now.

Lazy, I really like your 2ms ping, there!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Seriously the 300/300 connection was over kill already.. I was concerned more about the cost, I was willing to drop down to a 150/150 plan to save money however both Shaw and Telus keep cranking up the MINIUM plans to keep prices high so oddly it was better to get a 1Gig retention deal.

Once you are over 100Mbit it is hard to justify much more unless you really spend a lot of time downloading large digital downloads LOL.