Seagate Buys Out Maxtor

Started by Lazybones, May 18, 2006, 01:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mags

I think this was posted before. But yes, I agree. And I'm kinda surprised that Seagate baught out Maxtor and not the other way around, but finances can be funny that way.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Lazybones

Only became official now... wasn't a sure thing when first announced.

Mr. Analog

Not sure how I feel about this... :S
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

...uh boy, so now when I buy a sweet "Seagate" I might end up getting an actual noisy Maxtor? That's like Panasonic buying a lower quality brand, how will the electronics consumer know what he's actually getting :?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Lazybones

Quote from: "Darren Dirt"...uh boy, so now when I buy a sweet "Seagate" I might end up getting an actual noisy Maxtor? That's like Panasonic buying a lower quality brand, how will the electronics consumer know what he's actually getting :?

As much as everyone has a preference I have no problem with Maxtor.. You will probably be able to tell by the name of the line and the warrenty.. Segate is not going to offer a 5 yr warrenty on a product they think might fail.

Melbosa

I love Maxtor drives, and I am getting more repsect for Seagate as the years go by.  NCQ on their SATAII drives is a nice enough feature for me to buy 2 with my new system :D.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Sorry, not knocking Maxtor other than to say that they typically are a bit noisier than Seagates typically are. Some are not, though. Sorry to generalize :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.