SWTOR - Friend Invites

Started by Melbosa, April 12, 2012, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 13, 2012, 12:03:22 PM
I sent myself one and just got it... so you should be getting it.

Still nada... anyway, I'm downloading the client now, it appears that the servers are offline anyway.

Thought I'd make a character here at lunch...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah big patch after 1.2 patch yesterday.  Guess they found something wrong.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

D/L of the client is taking forever, like the max is 350 k/s and only 10% of the progress bar is full so far WTF
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

First Impression: ARGH

Okay, I quite enjoyed the intro and the character creation (created a dark side bounty hunter yay). Started getting into the story and WHAM there is absolutely no way I can find to scale the user interface.

EVERYTHING is microscopic, not just text but widgets and indicators...

This is a significant problem for me if I can't scale the GUI!! I'm not going to memorize everything!!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Through frustated googlin' this morning I found out that there IS a UI editor (at least I've seen video of it now).

I'll log in and try again, my smokin' hot cyborg bounty hunter chick wants to shoot stuff...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yes there is an editor, they just added it.  You can scale the thing super big or super small!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Need a character name if I'm looking for ya online :D

Mr. Analog

Okay, I scaled the controls... HUGE difference, I DO have to change the red text colour though, I wear reddish tinted lenses so it kind of disappears (also wtf right in the middle of the screen is the best place for that?)

I was a bit put off by the waypoint system though, it doesn't show marked world locations when you are in an instance (i.e. the starting bar!)

My name is Keive and I talk tough but I really don't know what I'm doing yet LAWL

I'm really pleased with the Random character/name generator. I usually spend hours in character creation but I always @%&# up my first character so I just hit random.

Trouble is I like Keive so far, she has the cutest cybernetic enhancements... mmm I haven't even fired my gun yet baby
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

We should set a night this week to play... I can make a new toonie too as I haven't tried an op yet and they start on the same planet, with different story.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 16, 2012, 08:26:37 AM
We should set a night this week to play... I can make a new toonie too as I haven't tried an op yet and they start on the same planet, with different story.

Well, let me play around a bit first and get a feel for the game, I'm still figuring out the controls.

The last MMO I played was Guild Wars LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 16, 2012, 08:29:07 AM
Not true... City of Heroes

Nope, I was playing GW for a while after that, mostly PVP then depression/anxiety got in the way of MMO gaming lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thought you reactivated there only a few months ago with DD when it went free?

Also, did you ever get the invite?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 16, 2012, 08:38:12 AM
Thought you reactivated there only a few months ago with DD when it went free?

Also, did you ever get the invite?

I was going to reactivate but there was too much shizz going on in life to get going again :(

I never did get the invite :shrug: maybe my previously activated trial blocked it?

What is the subscription fee anyway?
By Grabthar's Hammer