SWTOR Free to Play to Level 15!

Started by Mr. Analog, July 14, 2012, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

If anyone wants to check it out and wants to play with someone you know... I'm on server The Fatman.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on July 16, 2012, 07:19:00 PM
If anyone wants to check it out and wants to play with someone you know... I'm on server The Fatman.

What's the wait time look like now ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I'll be rolling up a new character on The Fatman (should I name them Alamos or Enola?) :)

Anyway, I got my client updated last night and my account password reset this morning. Also it was kind of wonky how you sign up for the free account they don't exactly make it easy to find through site navigation lol

I also noticed that while now you can play all currently available races there are class restrictions until you play that race to level 50 in the classes they support. Personally I find this irritating, also the races are still pretty limited!

Where's my Wookiee bounty hunter or my Rodian Sith Warrior?

Doin' some reading, it sounds like Sith Warrior are the OP class to roll with if you solo so I may do that this time, though I really want to be a sort of high DPS sniper so agent/bounty hunter might be the way to go IDK.

I may try Inquisitor as well as it sounds like you can build a Rogue-like character after level 10.

I'll try a few classes to lvl 15 to get a feel.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Damn, I forgot how much the map/hud in this game sucks.

You can't zoom the map -1
You can't put waypoints in your hud -1

You can run around with a map overlay, which is dumb.

I zoomed my GUI to the max and it actually cuts off the map rather than just scaling the contents, brilliant, so before checking the map I have to change my GUI scale look at the map, then change my GUI scale back to something I can read.

Some good suggestions on the SWTOR forums though regarding what they could do to make it more useful, so I'm not the only one I guess.
By Grabthar's Hammer