Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I did some branch mining last night. seems to work ok. did get some block lag... but nothing serious.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I could see Planet Bob last night but not Usamot. I didn't connect because my profile is on 1.7.10 still from Fraga
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 29, 2014, 10:21:48 AM
I could see Planet Bob last night but not Usamot. I didn't connect because my profile is on 1.7.10 still from Fraga
Ah ok. I did not test usamot. I'll check it. sometimes though, the service provider has routing issues.

I've seen my vms in some Datacenters be unavailable for 30min or longer... most of the time its at most 5-15 minutes.. but I'm less than thrilled at Digital Ocean's uptime at one or two of the dcs I have my vms at.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I just checked, mc.tomasu.org (usamot) works just fine, so long as you try to connect with 1.6.2.

Mr. Analog

Hmm I'll try again. We should get both servers up to the same version
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 29, 2014, 11:50:07 AM
Hmm I'll try again. We should get both servers up to the same version
Ya, It'll take a bit of work...

Mr. Analog

To bring it up to the latest version?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on August 29, 2014, 11:55:16 AM
To bring it up to the latest version?
Yeah. I need to run some tools on the old map, to get it ready for the newer versions. And I think upgrade to a certain version before the latest, so it runs some special code on it... In order not to break special mobs.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I have bad news, I have worse news, and I have freaking terrible news.

The bad news, my NAS dropped two drives. I can /probably/ rescue that array. Worse news is that I had thought I had a full copy of that array on my server, turns out no, I wiped that array before frag when mucking about with servers, and never copied it back over (and re-enabled the rsync cron job to keep it up to date), also one of the arrays in my server is marked 'auto read-only' meaning some kind of write or read error happened, but it wasn't enough to boot a disk, and the other array is marked degraded and punted a disk... So I've turned them both off as I don't have time to deal with this right now.

That means, there will be no overviewer till probably long after I get back, and no hourly backups. Freaking terrible I know. And I'm sorry.

Silver lining, minecraft isn't hosted here anymore.

Mr. Analog

The game world still lives, that's the main thing

Have a great tip!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Server not accepting connections

I tried the domain, the domain it routes to and the IP address with no luck on any
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Ah, I did see a server down alert, but I assumed it was spurious. Looks like the vm rebooted. probably related to the updates going on at DO. I haven't bothered to have minecraft start up as a cron job or on init. I just log in, and run it in tmux.

Tom

Haha, no wonder I was caught off guard. The email actually says "In 15 days on 11/26/2014". I paid no attention to the date, just the "in 15 days" lol. That email was sent last tuesday.