Usamot 2 ideas and zoning

Started by Lazybones, March 10, 2014, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I want to use quartz blocks (or white stained clay) and stained glass

But the amount it would take would be ... prohibitive in SMP
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Nothing is to terrible if you put in a request to us all for mats.  We can make it happen!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on March 11, 2014, 01:15:04 PM
Nothing is to terrible if you put in a request to us all for mats.  We can make it happen!

Its a massive airport, I can't even estimate the amount of blocks needed at this time

I'll go into my test build Flatland and figure out how much material is required for a single pillar and get back to you :-)

Likely it would have to be quartz blocks and stairs to get the angles looking right, the roof is no problem I'd probably just use wood
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm guessing one night of a few of us gathering would get you everything you need...

Don't underestimate the power of the 2am gamer!

And you probably don't want to build this place too too big...  Otherwise we'd have to move the fence!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'll have to get the lay of the land first too yeah

A slightly downsized Googie style, airport-themed teleport hub

Otherwise my build would be TO SCALE lol

:)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on March 11, 2014, 11:53:38 AM
I just realized, we haven't seen a village anywhere yet.

If i remember the seed, that was one down side, I don't recall there being one anywhere near spawn.

Thorin

There's a nether portal frame thanks to Mr. A.  Not lit yet, though.  It's at 206,203-204, facing E/W.  So once we're in the nether, we'll want to move the one there to 25,24-25, facing E/W.  Also, the portal needs a pretty building around it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yep, I cast it with a single bucket and a pile of dirt (and lots of trips back and forth)

I gotta light it later and I have tons of wood planks to make a building for it.

I'll get on it later... once I get some flint haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

There is more than a stack of flint in the Survival Shack.  And iron.  And it's all free to use.  And you're posting during D&D, same as me.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on March 11, 2014, 07:54:33 PM
There is more than a stack of flint in the Survival Shack.  And iron.  And it's all free to use.  And you're posting during D&D, same as me.

Mr. A seems to be hell bent on building everything by hand from scratch not using community gathered resources.

Thorin

tonight for me:

- moved the nether portal in the nether over a couple of blocks to perfect-match the coordinates; for some reason we get spun around when using it, don't know why
- encased the nether portal in the nether in a glass and stone brick monstrosity that hopefully stops all the damn ghasts from killing us (there are a lot spawning!)
- went looking for nether quartz - Mr. A, I have 23 stacks I can hand off to you (will make 5.75 stacks of quartz blocks)
- finished the bookcases at Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, so we can now enchant up to 30th level
- enchanted my first diamond pick (unbreaking/efficiency/fortune, yay!)
- went mining and found 8 more diamond ore (fortune pick made it 12 diamonds)
- got up to 30th level three more times and enchanted three more diamond picks - all are efficiency only :(

There's a large nether fortress not far from the nether spawn portal.  I haven't gone into it yet, though.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 12, 2014, 03:25:09 AM
tonight for me:

- moved the nether portal in the nether over a couple of blocks to perfect-match the coordinates; for some reason we get spun around when using it, don't know why
- encased the nether portal in the nether in a glass and stone brick monstrosity that hopefully stops all the damn ghasts from killing us (there are a lot spawning!)
- went looking for nether quartz - Mr. A, I have 23 stacks I can hand off to you (will make 5.75 stacks of quartz blocks)
- finished the bookcases at Ye Olde Magick Shoppe, so we can now enchant up to 30th level
- enchanted my first diamond pick (unbreaking/efficiency/fortune, yay!)
- went mining and found 8 more diamond ore (fortune pick made it 12 diamonds)
- got up to 30th level three more times and enchanted three more diamond picks - all are efficiency only :(

There's a large nether fortress not far from the nether spawn portal.  I haven't gone into it yet, though.
We should eventually try and make it into a Nether Skeleton farm. If its spawning level with some kind of "ground" that makes it super easy. If not.. then that would suck horribly, trying to build out more ground between the "legs" of the fortress. It being close is super awesome though.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I still don't get why the nether portal has to line up with anything, must be an OCD thing ;-)

Quote from: Lazybones on March 11, 2014, 08:29:16 PM
Quote from: Thorin on March 11, 2014, 07:54:33 PM

Mr. A seems to be hell bent on building everything by hand from scratch not using community gathered resources.

Part of the fun of starting new is not having anything at all. I built that portal frame out of lava and a bucket, got it lit with my first flint and tinder. Shortly after I found my first diamonds. I've smelted enough stone to start my first real build. I had my first death already too but I was able to get home fast enough to get back all my stuff and all my levels

Given that I've actually only played about 3 to 4 hours I've done a fair bit

FYI /home always sends you to spawn, kind of annoying
By Grabthar's Hammer