• Welcome to Righteous Wrath Online Community. Please login or sign up.

November 30, 2021, 11:58:00 PM

Recent posts

Pages1 2 3 ... 10
Minecraft / Re: Minecraft 1.18 The Caves &...
Last post by Mr. Analog - Today at 09:50:01 PM
That looks amazing!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last post by LennyLen - Today at 08:40:05 PM
Quote from: Lazybones on Today at 08:28:24 PMOK this seed seems EPIC and very fitting for Caves and Cliffs

https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftseeds/comments/r5hu2u/most_incredible_118_seed_ive_found_so_far_seed/
That's pretty cool. I liked the hillside village.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last post by Lazybones - Today at 08:28:24 PM
Last post by Lazybones - Today at 08:21:16 PM
If anyone wants to start seed hunting it looks like https://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftseeds/ is a good start. I don't see any 1.18 seeds tagged as FEATURED yet but lots of discussion.
Last post by Mr. Analog - Today at 05:48:39 PM
We gotta go deeper

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last post by Thorin - Today at 03:39:22 PM
That's one thing I'm not looking forward to, having to go even deeper for diamonds.
Last post by Lazybones - Today at 02:13:04 PM
This video covers more than just diamonds it covers the expected locations of all ores

Tech Chat / Re: NASs and Home Lab/Lan HW
Last post by Lazybones - Today at 11:21:30 AM
Quote from: Tom on Today at 11:05:57 AMYeah. I /want/ to not dick around, but I equally don't want to be too limited. Its a conflicting set of desires.

This is why I ended up moving all the computer off my NAS on to an Intel NUC running Ubuntu and Docker. Synology has solid BTRFS storage and backup. The NUC allows me to run anything I want. It is also similar to the separation I would have in production systems at work.

I found it easier and more reliable than dedicated storage OS distributions as well at least in terms of it quote "JUST WORKS" with the hardware.
Last post by Tom - Today at 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on Today at 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: Tom on Today at 10:30:52 AMYeah. I mostly just /want/ 10Gb between the firewall, my server/nas(s) and my workstation. Everything else will be 1Gb or wifi. Note, its not a NEED, just a want. I've had some bottlenecks I'd like to reduce, in one way or another. 10Gb would help there, as would shuffling around services a bit. Its also just something that'll be fun to play with

Going 10GB on a Synology is somewhat expensive most of the ones that support it are much higher price / larger units. Unofficial options you need to be careful with as DSM 7 removed some unofficial drivers.
I probably would be fine with 1GB on a synology as its probably going to end up being a backup. Depends on how annoying it would be long term.

Quote from: Lazybones on Today at 10:51:57 AMRouters are another issue, most common suggestion seems to be to go custom with PFSense, however it is possible to get some EdgeRouters and a few others that are capable but at a premium.

Switches are not that hard.

I would not bother going 10GB or 2.5/5G unless you can actually implement at least 2 of the 3 objectives.

Also keep in mind figure out how YOU want your environment to work, our group is fairly diverse in terms of budgets, patience, technical experience, and personal time. My suggestions stem from not wanting to dick around and having a bit more money to spend.
Yeah. I /want/ to not dick around, but I equally don't want to be too limited. Its a conflicting set of desires.
Last post by Lazybones - Today at 10:51:57 AM
Quote from: Tom on Today at 10:30:52 AMYeah. I mostly just /want/ 10Gb between the firewall, my server/nas(s) and my workstation. Everything else will be 1Gb or wifi. Note, its not a NEED, just a want. I've had some bottlenecks I'd like to reduce, in one way or another. 10Gb would help there, as would shuffling around services a bit. Its also just something that'll be fun to play with

Going 10GB on a Synology is somewhat expensive most of the ones that support it are much higher price / larger units. Unofficial options you need to be careful with as DSM 7 removed some unofficial drivers.

Routers are another issue, most common suggestion seems to be to go custom with PFSense, however it is possible to get some EdgeRouters and a few others that are capable but at a premium.

Switches are not that hard.

I would not bother going 10GB or 2.5/5G unless you can actually implement at least 2 of the 3 objectives.

Also keep in mind figure out how YOU want your environment to work, our group is fairly diverse in terms of budgets, patience, technical experience, and personal time. My suggestions stem from not wanting to dick around and having a bit more money to spend.
Pages1 2 3 ... 10