Double Fine Adventure

Started by Lazybones, February 12, 2012, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

I know eh? I just thought it was sort of an interesting perspective as I hadn't really thought of Kickstarter as a venture capital type investment, but it kind of is in a way.

Either way I'm sure we'll get an awesome game out of this, people have been dying for a good adventure game for what? A decade now? I think this sends a pretty strong message about what gamers really want.

It also proves the power of Kickstarter!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I wonder if the huge response has put more pressure on the developer now, or made them more free. Considering the ratio of what was ask for on budget and what was received for funding they have a some high expectations to meet now.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on March 13, 2012, 10:45:32 AM
I wonder if the huge response has put more pressure on the developer now, or made them more free. Considering the ratio of what was ask for on budget and what was received for funding they have a some high expectations to meet now.

Yeah, you have to wonder if with the newer higher budget it must have changed their project scope...

Or what would be REAL cool is if they stuck to the original project plan and used the additional money to fund sequels?

That's an interesting problem heh, too much money now lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

QuoteOne crowd member asked if he was worried about that sort of fan pressure now that he has 87,139 backers to worry about. Does the thought of living up to all of those expectations stress him out?

"It's not that stressful to get a whole bunch of money all of a sudden," Schafter said. "It's kind of relaxing."

Lol, got to love Tim.

http://kotaku.com/5895770/video-games-should-be-funnier-says-tim-schafer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

So the "Documentary" is out and here's the playlist -- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIhLvue17Sd7F6pU2ByRRb0igiI-WKk3D

by DoubleFineProd      

Double Fine Adventure: Kickstarter Pitch Video [Official]      5:15
Double Fine Adventure! EP01: "A Perfect Storm For Adventure"      21:24
Double Fine Adventure! EP02: "A Promise of Infinite Possibility"      23:31
Double Fine Adventure! EP03: "Codename: Reds"      27:53
Double Fine Adventure! EP04: "Walking Around In Our Drawings"      44:24
Double Fine Adventure! EP05: "It?s Gonna Get Hairy"      25:08
Double Fine Adventure! EP06: "That Bagel Filter Thing"      30:38
Double Fine Adventure! EP07: "We'll Handle It"      31:50
Double Fine Adventure! EP08: "Adventure Games Are Not Dead"      39:21
Double Fine Adventure! EP09: "Broken Age"      44:14
Double Fine Adventure! EP10: "Part One of Something Great"      40:57

WOW that's a lotta content! 334.58 minutes (aka 5.58 HOURS) worth!

also wow how funny your perspective can change so much in just a couple of years! 3x the goal in < 24 hours is not exactly a rarity anymore for Kickstart or Indiegogo or w/e -- if it is high enough profile.

Quote from: Darren Dirt on February 12, 2012, 10:21:34 PM
pretty freakin' cool to have almost THREE TIMES your goal in less than 24 hours ... esp. when your goal is 400k.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.