Main Menu

DEATHLOOP

Started by Melbosa, September 14, 2021, 01:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

This game is getting very high praise: https://bethesda.net/en/game/deathloop

Bethesda has its fingers in it, you can tell from the art work on the game... and with colour this time so I might actually enjoy it more than the latest Fallout games for eye candy appeal.

Basically your a guy stuck in a 24h time loop and the only way out is to take out 8 targets (called Visionaries).  You get weapons, special abilities and clues to help you through.  If you die or don't finish in 24h, the day starts over, and all you get is the clues to work with on a reset (somewhat Rogue game like).  The clues cause the game to change, like doors are open that were closed, or the NPCs react differently, so while there is some repetitive play, there is supposed to be changes every run though that keep it from getting boring.

But man, the ways you can take people out, very nifty stuff. And I also see how they will be doing more content for the game, as the game is called DEATHLOOP but the initial release is called "Down the rabbit hole", like an Episode of a TV Show.  So they can just keep releasing Episodes for more content... maybe you play one of the other 8 in the list next release of an Episode.  Who knows.

Anyway, I haven't bought it yet, but have been following it.  Definitely on my wish list now.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

It's done by Arkane studios (Dishonored, Prey) and it looks amazing. I have it on my wishlist [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

@Melbosa did you buy it? If so are you seeing any stuttering problems during gameplay? I've heard a lot of horror stories about the release

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I have not bought it @Mr. Analog, but am VERY tempted to.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 15, 2021, 11:46:10 PMI have not bought it @Mr. Analog, but am VERY tempted to.
Me too! Though I think I will wait for a patch ... good ol' Bethesda lol

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer