Main Menu

Meet the Medic!

Started by Mr. Analog, June 23, 2011, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Meet the Medic!!

http://youtu.be/36lSzUMBJnc

Team Fortress 2 is now free to play... FOREVER!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

All game companies should look at the microtransaction model or end of shelf life after so many years and do this more often!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

It's really kept the game alive, I think.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Although the Free to Pay model seems to work for MMOs I wonder if Valve didn't must due this to devalue some of the copycat games that have been released.

Mr. Analog

Actually if you read some of the stuff you don't get for forking over the $10 TF2 will normally cost ya it's quite clever. The free to play guys can't get random item drops, only have a backpack of 30 items and trading is gimped. So if you want to earn the stuff you have to pay up, otherwise just have at it :)

Of course this works in Valve's favour again by increasing the number of Steam users, more users on Steam means more potential sales (I mean hey, some of the ads and deals they have are pretty enticing :D ).

One thing though for us old schoolers who bought the game... WE GET A FREE HAT WOO!!! lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 24, 2011, 03:37:17 PM
Actually if you read some of the stuff you don't get for forking over the $10 TF2 will normally cost ya it's quite clever. The free to play guys can't get random item drops, only have a backpack of 30 items and trading is gimped. So if you want to earn the stuff you have to pay up, otherwise just have at it :)

Of course this works in Valve's favour again by increasing the number of Steam users, more users on Steam means more potential sales (I mean hey, some of the ads and deals they have are pretty enticing :D ).

One thing though for us old schoolers who bought the game... WE GET A FREE HAT WOO!!! lol
Dude! My first hat! nice.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!