Fragapalooza Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, March 29, 2005, 09:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

So how much time is actually spent gaming at this thing?  From those ive talked to at work, most of its spent network leeching, watching movies, tv shows, etc.

Melbosa

As much time as you want.  There are always multiple games of everything being played.  Don't have to wait for us to play with either.  Just start up a game and look for a network one already going.

Can also use the local IRC system to arrange a game with anyone.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Well other than when the network is down (most of the first day it always seems) you can game any time you want.. just don't expect everyone around you to want to play the same thing.. There is often a game running for almost any mildly popular game at anytime. The best part is that you can get up from your seat and bitchslap a fool if he ticks you off in game.

It's a social event as well.. You can meet some interesting people. Its one of those times where you meet someone online in a game and you can go over and meet face to face if you want.

As well it is a good evenent to win swag and new hardware at.. there are contests run all through out the event.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Games I know I will be playing:

-UT2K4
-COD
-BF: V
-RoN
Heh, I can NAME at least one reason why that last one is a fave of yours... ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Fedora Gal

QuoteKewl we need someone to sit on the "bags with coolers". Traditionally we just put our "stuff" on the isle seat. But hey we could always use someone to watch it

well last time I checked there was still the isle seat next to you :P
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Mr. Analog

Since we don't have our seating area reserved this year we may have difficulty keeping open spaces between us.

Anybody interested in buying some buffer spots? Maybe bring a server to run our own tourneys on?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Well, registered Fraggers is at 199 which I believe is the cutoff for the earlybird draw.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

2 other clans have more than our 5 members - GarageLAN (15 members) and [crd] (8 members) - looks like mostly solo artists...

Wow, you "East Enders" are pretty much all alone there - lotsa elbow room, and I am guessing Melbosa-Cova will be passing the junk food across the aisle to the rest of you in order to discourage traffic between you ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Their flower power is no match for my glower power!

Grrr! Stay outta our part of Frag non-people-I-know!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Cova

I haven't talked to Gil (FP President) yet this year - normally he contacts well before registration about reserving the projectors from NAIT and such (which is what I usually provide in trade for reserved seating area).  But with many of us already registered, seating likely won't be a problem.  Spread out a wee bit - people aren't going to take a single seat with none of their friends nearby, and if we have a few empty seats around during the event then everyone gets more elbow-room.

Also - Intelcrash (sittin in our row a little ways down) is one of my brothers friends.  They always take the section just down the row from us (probably 4 or 5 of them)

Mr. Analog

I just sent an e-mail off to Gil about volunteering.

Around what time of day does set up take place during that week?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I just sent an e-mail off to Gil about volunteering.

Around what time of day does set up take place during that week?
Hope you emailed Mike, not Gil :D

Volunteering starts around 7:00AM on Tuesday, and ends...

Well when the event is over.  Daily could be all nighters.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

That must be why I e-mailed Gil then  :angry:  
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

As there will once again be a cooler ban thanks to the Mayfield. I would like to point out that Superstore is now stocking several duffel bag style coolers.. These are isolated collapable coolers like the one I had last year but look like duffel bags..

I am thinking of picking one of these up and several cold packs.. I found the ice and water difficult to deal with last year.

Mr. Analog

I'll fork in some dough on that action!
By Grabthar's Hammer