MechWarrior Online

Started by Thorin, December 12, 2012, 04:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Saw this through Penny Arcade - the MechWarrior Online MMO: http://youtu.be/rkGvP8VFXAI

From what I saw in that video and others on http://mwomercs.com/, man, they really nailed the mech experience!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Yep, I think I saw TotalBiscuit talking about this one before a while ago, it looks fun

Smashy-smashy!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I watched one of the trailers and then one of the game-play videos.  The lighter mechs move way faster than the big lumbering assault mechs, just as it is in the tabletop BattleTech game.  Also, you have to manage your heat or shut down!  And water works properly in giving you double the cooling when you're in it.  The lighter mechs have targeting lasers to mark enemy mechs that your assault mechs can then fire gaggles of long range missiles at and have a greater chance of hitting.  And you work in Lances of four mechs, with three Lances per Company (so twelve mechs total), and the battles are all Company vs Company.  And it starts in 3049, with time matching so after a year of being released, it'll be 3050.  Anyone who knows the BattleTech universe knows this means the Clans will be invading and starting to be encountered about three months after the game has been released, which is awesome!

They plan to have XP and leveling as well, explaining it as just gaining familiarity with the different mechs and therefore being able to pilot them better or knowing how to work new weapons systems that your avatar has not experienced before.

I do wish they'd plan a campaign mode, though, like the original MechWarrior where you had to get contracts and fight as a mercenary.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

The question is though; do they have babes with chromatic hair?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

BORING (j/k)

It looks really good so far.
By Grabthar's Hammer