XBox 360 Cooks an Egg

Started by Mr. Analog, November 03, 2006, 09:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

This video shows just how hot the 360 heat sink can be; by boiling water with it and then cooking an egg on it!

http://www.hiptechblog.com/2006/10/30/cook-an-egg-on-a-xbox-360/

Now that's hot!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I think they did similar demos on the old AMD Athlons, not surprised really, the thing has 3 CPUs.

Shayne

My Macbook will get about 70C, so hot that i gotta have a pillow under it if i have it on my lap.

Darren Dirt

Why this guy didn't put tin foil under the egg is beyond me ::) ;)
One YouTube commenter said: Is it a coincidence that the acronym for Ring of flashing lights is "ROFL"? I guess the red lights are going to become infamous as an alarm for "Breakfast!" ;D

A related video was this provocatively-titled one...
Microsoft is a liar!!!! "First tell the world that blu-ray is not needed, than come with a hd-dvd player. Microsoft says you dont need hdmi ( yeah right BS )and than says that every 360 game is 1080P ( Bull@%&# ). Just watch this movie."  :wall:

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

Hmm...i don't see where you are saying they are liars?  They don't say every game is 1080p, the hd-dvd is a nice addon for the machine (wont be used for games) (and heck of a good price)(isnt requried, more of a valued added), and you really don't need HDMI, its just preferred.

Darren Dirt

I'm not saying.

The guy who posted the video is saying.

...It's all so complicated, I'm going back to Betamax...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Adams

I bet you we will find out more information about 360 after PS3 launch. Kinda the nice way of Microsoft kicking Sony in the nuts.
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Shayne

Oh, like the fact it has support for 40 wireless devices? ;)

Adams

"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."