Move over Plasma, LCD and DLP, here from the freaken lasers!

Started by Lazybones, October 13, 2006, 11:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://techfreep.com/laser-tvs-three-times-more-colorful-than-plasma.htm

QuoteAustralian company Arasor International announced the world?s first laser television in Sydney today, boasting an image with as many as three times more colors than conventional plasma, but at half the cost.

Mr. Analog

I'll stick with my tube and my 4 track tapes and my cave paintings I guess...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I want one of those SED displays. Its the same basic tech as CRT (same contrast, brightness, etc), yet is as flat as an LCD, and takes up as little or less power as an LCD.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Cova

Aye - I think SED is gonna be the next big thing.  This whole lazer-TV thing just kinda appeared outta nowhere, and sounds to be already going into production - moving far too fast for me to trust it.

Tom

Considering SED technology dev/research has been on the go for a good 20 years or more, I think It'll be able easily surpass everything else in no time.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Cova on October 16, 2006, 10:12:01 AM
Aye - I think SED is gonna be the next big thing.  This whole lazer-TV thing just kinda appeared outta nowhere, and sounds to be already going into production - moving far too fast for me to trust it.

I agree with you -- no other explanation but extraterrestrial technology finally brought into the consumer marketplace.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.