Minecraft tonight (every night?)

Started by Thorin, June 26, 2012, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Two days in a row of absolutely _nothing_ for me to take kids to.  That means I'll be playin' me some Minecraft tonight!  Not entirely sure what I want to work on, though.  Maybe it's time to do something with all that sandstone and sand, or maybe I should dig out an underground wool farm?  I started shearing sheep in my barn last night and I have about three stacks of wool now, but it's kinda crowded in the barn with 10-12 sheep plus cows plus pigs plus chickens.

Has anyone seen any good (semi-)automatic wool farms?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Could it be time for another good ol' cave crawl?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Not sure about tonight, I had to give a lot of blood today, already getting tired again.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Havin' 20 sheep in one paddock is noisy, but also makes for a lot of wool to be sheared!  I think I'm at 13 stacks (3 from last night, 10 from tonight).  Adds up quick with sheep dropping 2-3 per shearing.

Now, what to build, what to build.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 26, 2012, 10:34:27 PM
Havin' 20 sheep in one paddock is noisy, but also makes for a lot of wool to be sheared!  I think I'm at 13 stacks (3 from last night, 10 from tonight).  Adds up quick with sheep dropping 2-3 per shearing.

Only 20? http://youtu.be/OsSAnLbpcR4?t=1m4s I was watching these last night.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 26, 2012, 10:41:53 PM
Quote from: Thorin on June 26, 2012, 10:34:27 PM

Only 20? http://youtu.be/OsSAnLbpcR4?t=1m4s I was watching these last night.

Holy butt!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Holy ... Sheep!  Although the paddock in my barn's a lot smaller (5x12?), and it feels almost as crowded with the cows in with the sheep.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I was up waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime last night, wrapped at 1:30~

Adding balconies and fussy little details takes time, but when you have a pretty shader it just flies... :B
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hah, I was gonna go on but then saw it was 10:45pm and knew if I started I'd be on until 4am.  And I was way too tired already yesterday to work today on only three hours of sleep.  So for once I made the smart choice and went to sleep.

An' yeah, it's all the little details that take a long time, _especially_ when one can't just fly up somewhere.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 29, 2012, 08:57:59 AM
Hah, I was gonna go on but then saw it was 10:45pm and knew if I started I'd be on until 4am.  And I was way too tired already yesterday to work today on only three hours of sleep.  So for once I made the smart choice and went to sleep.

An' yeah, it's all the little details that take a long time, _especially_ when one can't just fly up somewhere.

that's the tricky bit right there is adding stuff once the build is done.

I want to build a construction site and a tower crane but from previous experience working with fences it may very well be deadly.

The urge to toggle creative is very strong for that bit.
By Grabthar's Hammer