Half-Life 2: Aftermath

Started by Darren Dirt, September 12, 2005, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

I'm not a huge fan of the FPS genre in general (although team play like in BF or CoD is always a hoot), but the games I really like have a great immersive story and characters that develop and that I care about.

Hence Deus Ex eternally having warm place in my heart.

But with my recent hardware upgrade (now with decent video!), and with the release of the dystopian mod ("Dystopia")...

and now after just watching this lengthy developer interview* about the HL2 sequel/extension "Aftermath", well... I think I'm gonna actually buy halflife2. Any warnings why I shouldn't invest my money in HL2? Not comparing to Doom or anything, but is HL2 really as good as many say? (especially after reading stuff like this and this).

*lengthy dev interview found on this page

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

There's a release that includes a hat.

I want that hat.

I'm waiting until I can get that hat.

8)

Also... Hmm... http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=21534959

uhh.. what is wrong with you people. I'm willing to bet Valve had mostly nothign to do with this.

EA IS THE NEW PUBLISHER, EA WANTS TO MAKE MONEY NOW THAT VIVENDI'S LICENSE HAS EXPIRED.

Anybody buying the old version of half-life2 does not give moneyt EA, anyboyd buying this new version does. Simple as that. The "game of the year" edition naming it stupid but that is all it is. Nothing has chanced and this was announced months ago (on this site...)

:?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.