Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on June 25, 2020, 07:09:00 AM
Quote from: LennyLen on June 25, 2020, 06:24:48 AMThe tunnel I had in the Nether connecting my base with the outpost here has been wiped out in the update, but it's no problem. I can remake it.

Did it have any torches or other distinctive blocks I could use to filter for it? The portal should still be there.

I think it had torches.  I'm not 100% sure on that though. Sometimes I just ignite Netherrack for illumination.

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on June 25, 2020, 05:27:14 PMI think it had torches.  I'm not 100% sure on that though. Sometimes I just ignite Netherrack for illumination.

My map trimming depended on finding things that do not naturally spawn in the nether so if it was lit with netherrack that both explains why it didn't get filtered and why I didn't catch it on the map visually.

I kept all chunks that had the following blocks and a few around them.

Palette contains "torch" OR
Palette contains "wall_torch" OR
Palette contains "stone" OR
Palette contains "packed_ice" OR
Palette contains "stone_button" OR
Palette contains "obsidian" OR
Palette contains "ladder"

If you didn't lose too much and are OK with it I will leave it, if in the next few days anyone finds a major loss we can look at restoring it. I would have to restore the WHOLE old nether, let you mark it and then re-trim it.. The trim was nessary as in the nether the player view distance generates a lot of chunks.. and the biggest change in this update is the nether bioms so I didn't want anyone to have to travel far to find the new stuff as there is a LOT of new stuff. I also didn't want to do a full reset as there are a lot of fast travel tunnels setup.

Mr. Analog

Wow! The nether is ... populated!! Great work Lazy

Now I have to find a minimap mod so I don't get lost
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2020, 06:24:49 PMWow! The nether is ... populated!! Great work Lazy

Or work on a loadstone and nether compass https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Lodestone

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 25, 2020, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on June 25, 2020, 06:24:49 PMWow! The nether is ... populated!! Great work Lazy

Or work on a loadstone and nether compass https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Lodestone

Oh sure, just gotta have a netherite ingot no prob :rofl:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Just a quick warning.

Piglin can spawn in the transport tunnels if they have not been properly spawn blocked and are aggressive to the player by default unless the player has an item of gold armour.. Had some attach me when doing spot checks.

The zombie pig men are now Zombified Piglin, the behaviour of being passive till attacked is the same but they look like piglin now. Don't confuse them.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 25, 2020, 07:01:13 PMJust a quick warning.

Piglin can spawn in the transport tunnels if they have not been properly spawn blocked and are aggressive to the player by default unless the player has an item of gold armour.. Had some attach me when doing spot checks.

The zombie pig men are now Zombified Piglin, the behaviour of being passive till attacked is the same but they look like piglin now. Don't confuse them.

I had a run-in with one! And yeah the new look nearly fooled me into doing something VERY stupid

The new mobs and biomes are pretty neat though
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Server update

Server Version:  1.16.2

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I only did small check around my base since this is just a .X release, but if there are any issues please let me know right away.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on August 17, 2020, 10:51:43 AMI only did small check around my base since this is just a .X release, but if there are any issues please let me know right away.

Will do 👍
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

I played for a bit and everything seems good to me.

Mr. Analog

Thank you so much for maintaining the server!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Small update. I have set homes to allow 5 home locations.

and for BACK I have enabled death location recall.