Main Menu

Oilers 2021-22

Started by Thorin, September 26, 2021, 10:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Watched my first Oilers pre-season game tonight.  Thought I could watch it on youtube, and got about halfway through when I realized I was watching an old game from a few days before - apparently streaming tonight's game on youtube violated a tv agreement or something.  So we watched it through a laptop connected to the tv, with the laptop showing the feed from the Oilers website.

The Oilers no-namers didn't really well, I was excited to watch Evan Bouchard and look forward to seeing him in the regular season.  The goalies barely got tested, but I saw Konovalov make one excellent save that showed off his athleticism, which is important because he's several inches shorter than the average NHL goalie (and thus has shorter legs with shorter pads with bigger holes left open).

Anyway, 17 sleeps until the first regular season game!  I'm excited, CowGirl's probably twice as excited as me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

I'm excited to see if the Jets and Oil can make a season of it again!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I really want this season to kick ass but I dunno I guess we'll see

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So uhh...

OILERS' FIRST PLAYOFF GAME IS MONDAY!!

Sorry about the Jets, Mel.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on April 29, 2022, 07:18:36 PMSo uhh...

Woo! Can't wait

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on April 29, 2022, 07:18:36 PMSo uhh...

No worries... tough season when your head coach quits saying "Nothing more I can do in this position to help the team", kinda shakes the roots of the org. But the Jets have been in the playoffs many times these last years, so at least the stress will be less for me watching the playoffs!

But I'm excited for my #2 team to be going to the playoffs again.  Go OILERS Go!

Mr. Analog

Going to the second round baby!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Calgary won last night so second round is Battle of Alberta!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Going to be a rough & tough series... Kassian and Tkachuk both @%&# disturbers lol

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on May 16, 2022, 02:13:07 PMGoing to be a rough & tough series... Kassian and Tkachuk both @%&# disturbers lol

For sure!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on May 16, 2022, 02:13:07 PMGoing to be a rough & tough series... Kassian and Tkachuk both @%&# disturbers lol

Tkachuk is going to target the Oilers' stars for "accidental" injuries, just like LA's Kaliyev targeted Draisaitl (now appears to be playing through an injury) and McDavid.

Meanwhile Kassian will give the stink-eye and land booming hits on Calgary's middle-six players, as he won't be put out against Calgary's stars very often.

We'll probably see less skilled plays than we did in the first round, which sucks.  I'd rather see high-end skill than run-their-stars hockey.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I haven't payed attention to hockey at all this year. And I hear they're doing ok. funny that.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Well that was one way to start a series!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 18, 2022, 10:50:28 PMWell that was one way to start a series!

I saw both good defense and bad defense during that game, from both teams, at different times.  Nice to see Markstrom look like a sieve, he's been consistently good all year and I was worried they wouldn't be able to score on him.

As Woodcroft said in his post-game availability, the Oilers scored six goals, that should've been enough to win that game.  I'm sure they're going to review wtf went on.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful