Minecraft 1.18 The Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2

Started by Lazybones, July 13, 2021, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

As noted in the video, it could be better. But yeah, fresh new world! Hopefully by the holidays
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I started a singleplayer world in 1.17, I don't like how much deepslate there is now at y=10.  It's a lot more work to dig up a bunch of cobblestone, cook it back into smooth stone, and make everything pretty the way I'm used to.  Also, deepslate just takes so much longer to dig through than smooth stone / cobblestone.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 03, 2021, 01:10:45 PMI started a singleplayer world in 1.17, I don't like how much deepslate there is now at y=10.  It's a lot more work to dig up a bunch of cobblestone, cook it back into smooth stone, and make everything pretty the way I'm used to.  Also, deepslate just takes so much longer to dig through than smooth stone / cobblestone.

Do you mean 1.17 or 1.18.. As 1.18 adds the massive amount of extra world depth and different distributions.. I believe the deep slate doesn't appear in 1.18 till closer to where bedrock used to appear.

Based on the snapshot videos it seemed like a lot of distributions where still being played with.

Thorin

Yeah, I'm in 1.17.1 for sure, there's deepslate happening between y=0 and y=16.  I'm digging my usual mine at y=10 because that's where the diamonds are, so I'm right in the middle of that.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm worried about getting enough cobblestone for my builds given that I also mine out at roughly the same level.

I mean I should probably be digging around at all levels but I am Le Tired...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 03, 2021, 09:01:14 PMI'm worried about getting enough cobblestone for my builds given that I also mine out at roughly the same level.

Cobblestone is the most plentiful resource in the game still, don't think that will be an issue but you should find MANY more caves.

Worst case Cobblestone generators where still easy to build and still worked in the latest versions.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on November 03, 2021, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 03, 2021, 09:01:14 PMI'm worried about getting enough cobblestone for my builds given that I also mine out at roughly the same level.

Cobblestone is the most plentiful resource in the game still, don't think that will be an issue but you should find MANY more caves.

Worst case Cobblestone generators where still easy to build and still worked in the latest versions.
True true

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 03, 2021, 09:01:14 PMSent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slight derail here sorry.

How's the battery life on your Pixel 2 XL these days?  I'm not even getting a day out of my Pixel 3 XL usually.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on November 04, 2021, 05:49:49 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 03, 2021, 09:01:14 PMSent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slight derail here sorry.

How's the battery life on your Pixel 2 XL these days?  I'm not even getting a day out of my Pixel 3 XL usually.

I get about a day, but I run a lot of apps that suck up power like it's candy (I guess I should uninstall MLB now that the season is over...). Also I'm constantly checking discord / tumblr / forums, that sucks juice too.

Yesterday I was too busy coding / attending Microsoft Ignite to really be on my phone and it was 61% at 9 PM when I plugged it back in. So in theory -if I don't use my device for what it's for- I get great battery life!
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 04, 2021, 08:02:28 AMI get about a day, but I run a lot of apps that suck up power like it's candy (I guess I should uninstall MLB now that the season is over...). Also I'm constantly checking discord / tumblr / forums, that sucks juice too.

Yesterday I was too busy coding / attending Microsoft Ignite to really be on my phone and it was 61% at 9 PM when I plugged it back in. So in theory -if I don't use my device for what it's for- I get great battery life!

Thanks, that's good to hear.  Other Pixel owners I've talked to have also still got good life and mine's always been not that great so maybe my phone just had a dud battery.

Makes me feel better about how much I had to spend to get a Pixel 6 Pro shipped all the way here from the US.  The battery things was nagging at me while I was buying it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: LennyLen on November 04, 2021, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 04, 2021, 08:02:28 AMI get about a day, but I run a lot of apps that suck up power like it's candy (I guess I should uninstall MLB now that the season is over...). Also I'm constantly checking discord / tumblr / forums, that sucks juice too.

Thanks, that's good to hear.  Other Pixel owners I've talked to have also still got good life and mine's always been not that great so maybe my phone just had a dud battery.

Makes me feel better about how much I had to spend to get a Pixel 6 Pro shipped all the way here from the US.  The battery things was nagging at me while I was buying it.
Glad to be of help [emoji4]

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

I liked the goat running for water, that cracked me up
By Grabthar's Hammer