What would be a good CPU upgrade for an ASUS Z87-PRO?

Started by Mr. Analog, March 19, 2022, 12:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Sorry you had to wipe but welcome to the new age of computing!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on April 01, 2022, 08:26:22 AMSorry you had to wipe but welcome to the new age of computing!

I lost a few things but nothing major
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Wow, Cyberpunk does two things at max settings:

1. Look good
2. Throw heat
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 01, 2022, 12:41:01 PMWow, Cyberpunk does two things at max settings:

1. Look good
2. Throw heat

Yep.. Reminds me it should be playable now that most of the mission breaking horrible bugs are fixed.. Seriously I started playing close to release as that is when I upgraded last and the FIRST major story mission bugged out on me.. then they had the hack so I forgot about them for a long time as patching was delayed..

I should give it a shot again. Probably start from scratch

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 01, 2022, 12:51:43 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 01, 2022, 12:41:01 PMWow, Cyberpunk does two things at max settings:

1. Look good
2. Throw heat

Yep.. Reminds me it should be playable now that most of the mission breaking horrible bugs are fixed.. Seriously I started playing close to release as that is when I upgraded last and the FIRST major story mission bugged out on me.. then they had the hack so I forgot about them for a long time as patching was delayed..

I should give it a shot again. Probably start from scratch

That's exactly why I stopped playing only four hours in. Buggy nightmare
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 01, 2022, 01:08:03 PMThat's exactly why I stopped playing only four hours in. Buggy nightmare

Ya, not minor bugs as well. Like in the middle of a fire fight your primary weapon just disappears.

Thorin

I'll say, I'm a little jelly of the nice systems you guys have.  I'm way behind.  But I know it's okay to not keep up with the Joneses, we're all at different stages of life and all that.  After all, I've been spending probably more than two new gaming rigs every year on camping, between food/gas/registration and loan/storage/insurance payments.

Still, it's nice to see what new fast computers look like.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on April 01, 2022, 01:56:55 PMStill, it's nice to see what new fast computers look like.

I have avoided all RGB in my setup it is super dull flat all black case with the no RGB in side.. Only exciting looking thing is the chonky air cooler on the CPU LOL.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on April 01, 2022, 02:59:52 PM
Quote from: Thorin on April 01, 2022, 01:56:55 PMStill, it's nice to see what new fast computers look like.

I have avoided all RGB in my setup it is super dull flat all black case with the no RGB in side.. Only exciting looking thing is the chonky air cooler on the CPU LOL.

I wanted to go simple but all the gear in stock had lights on...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on April 01, 2022, 03:26:25 PMI wanted to go simple but all the gear in stock had lights on...

Ya, lots of shortages.. I actually ordered my case fans online to avoid RGB lol. I think I paid slightly more for my RAM as well.

Wanted to buy some "BASIC" mouse pads and for months the whole section of the store was almost empty.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I was able to make my machine chug last night by using a huge watercolour brush on a high res canvas. It was glorious.
By Grabthar's Hammer