Server Status 1.17 OLD

Started by Tom, March 17, 2012, 07:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I really have no explanation for it :( No idea what's causing it. The earlier one could have been my weekly backups, but the last one? No idea.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

It gets really bad for a little while then settles down. I've only noticed it today.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Server Down! Going to finally try and get my storage sorted. Should be back up soon.

Tom

And we're back :)

Didn't get what I wanted done. And managed to brick one of my SAS cards. So Woot.

Mr. Analog

Waugh, that's no good :C
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 26, 2012, 08:47:28 PM
Waugh, that's no good :C
What can you do. Apparently desktop/consumer boards have "incomplete" PCIE implementations and/or ROMs that are too small and/or full. That and the LSI firmware likes to stomp on memory.

I'm building a new server box as we speak. The next downtime will likely be when I swap the server over.

append: Parts bought, should be in middle of next week \o/  quadcore Xeon E3-1230, 16G ECC DDR3 1333 ram, Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O  motherboard. fun times.

Mr. Analog

Server is particularly laggy today, not sure what but even pressure plates + gates are lagging. At first I thought it was my connection but that seems fine.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 28, 2012, 04:53:29 PM
Server is particularly laggy today, not sure what but even pressure plates + gates are lagging. At first I thought it was my connection but that seems fine.

It might have something to do with LennyLen's mob/xp farm. Not sure. Actually it was fine earlier, but now the MC server is /pegged/. using up 100% cpu on one core. She might need a kick in the pants.

Tom

Ok, I've restarted the server. It's looking better now.

Tom

Heyoh folks. The parts for the server I ordered /should/ arrive tomorrow. It's unlikely I'll work on it tomorrow, but I would like to do it this weekend. Maybe Saturday morning. Let me know if you guys really have to play, and I can pick another day.

Tom

\o/

Xeon 1230
Supermicro MBD-X9SCM-F-O
2x Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333

May be twice as fast as the current hw. \o/

And then I can use the current hw to replace my @%&#ty desktop.

Lazybones

Make sure you pickup a static grounding strip.... you have had bad luck in the past ;)

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 01, 2012, 11:52:55 AM
Make sure you pickup a static grounding strip.... you have had bad luck in the past ;)
If you're refering to that incident at the lan party back in the day at your house by claireview, that was cat fur stuck in the ram slot :( caused a short and melted things.

But yeah, I'm going to keep myself grounded. don't want to kill $600 worth of new hardware.

Tom

Tom

And we're up! Thanks for your patience everyone!

Everything works like a charm. My RAID array is back up, the system is so far stable as a rock, and things are pretty speedy.

append: In case anyone has issues reaching the server via the tomasu.org host name, use: 174.3.77.93 temporarily. I updated the DNS, but it may be cached by your OS and/or ISP for a while. Shaw's DHCP addresses time out after about 20 minutes, always end up getting a new ip every time I'm down for more than 20 minutes.