Plex media server is slick

Started by Lazybones, June 05, 2012, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 12, 2012, 02:05:13 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 01:54:08 PM
]I still have a lot of sorting to do. Turns out it doesn't treat symlinks specially at all. And one of my media folders has a link inside it to one of my other folders.. One that happens to be 2.2TB in size. So yeah. Fun times.

Ya sorting previous stuff sucks, I moved nearly all my mess out into separate folders, then focused on easy stuff to correct.  I have posted several tools in the past that help with naming.
For the most part my stuff is sorted. Though I have some work to do in my anime and music folders. I was waiting to do all that till my array was back up and stable. Since some of the work would be rather fs/disk intensive, and I didn't want to risk the entire array on it. I wrote a couple tools to detect dups and to check for corrupt files (given the folder has a file with hash's in it, or the filenames have the hash in them). I still have yet to do a full run.

But flexget has helped with sorting TV ;D I just wish deluge and transmission weren't so broken on tvtorrents. my large stack of GCreds is quickly drying up because I /can't/ properly seed on there anymore :(
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Why can't you?  Is it that the files are getting renamed?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 12, 2012, 04:40:21 PM

Deluge supports seeding even with renaming / moving when done through its API, however I have seen a few threads that say deluge doesn't seed properly sometimes.. then you see finger-pointing at libtorrent, and the issue goes into the vacuum that is the lib-torrent mailing list or bug tracker.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 12, 2012, 04:44:45 PM
Quote from: Thorin on June 12, 2012, 04:40:21 PM

Deluge supports seeding even with renaming / moving when done through its API, however I have seen a few threads that say deluge doesn't seed properly sometimes.. then you see finger-pointing at libtorrent, and the issue goes into the vacuum that is the lib-torrent mailing list or bug tracker.
Pretty much. It works ok from bakabt and other trackers. But I've had to up my seed ratio to 2 to get anywhere near 1.0 on tvtorrents.

Tom

Here's slightly disappointing news, Plex doesn't seem to respect its own language preference settings. While you can tell it to select a given language for audio and subtitle tracks, it just doesn't seem to use them. :(

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 06:45:43 PM
Here's slightly disappointing news, Plex doesn't seem to respect its own language preference settings. While you can tell it to select a given language for audio and subtitle tracks, it just doesn't seem to use them. :(

Sometimes that is an issue with the encoded file not the player.  I have noticed some videos I have with multi audio are not labeled and appear as unknown.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 12, 2012, 06:58:23 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 06:45:43 PM

Sometimes that is an issue with the encoded file not the player.  I have noticed some videos I have with multi audio are not labeled and appear as unknown.
Well its happening with every file I've tried so far. And I've seen other people say the same thing on the forums. It appears it just doesn't respect those settings, or it doesn't realize that different formats name languages differently (mkv, avi and ogg all call the languages something different, I think avi doesn't even give them a name, just an index, mkv uses English and Japanese, and ogg might have eng and jpy etc). At any rate, its annoying, and pretty much makes it impossible to use for most dual audio or softsub anime.

I almost watched WALL-E again last night while messing with the plex client on my tablet. I got like 20 minutes in :-x

Lazybones

Looking at the info tab metadata it looks like none of my movies have identifiable audio. They all show as unknown or ? It seems.

Tom

I'm not seeing anywhere in the anime section that's currently scanning where there's a place that specifies language. Either on the web tool or the android app.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 07:34:34 PM
I'm not seeing anywhere in the anime section that's currently scanning where there's a place that specifies language. Either on the web tool or the android app.

Are you indexing them with the Series indexer and getting the other meta data?

At any  rate even if it defaults to the wrong one, the full desktop client and the android client should both support switching audio tracks and subs even if they are unlabeled http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Plex_Nine_MobileClients#See_more_information_about_a_Show

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on June 12, 2012, 07:41:48 PM
Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 07:34:34 PM

Are you indexing them with the Series indexer and getting the other meta data?

At any  rate even if it defaults to the wrong one, the full desktop client and the android client should both support switching audio tracks and subs even if they are unlabeled http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/Plex_Nine_MobileClients#See_more_information_about_a_Show
I first ran it with the Movies indexer set to personal files mode. but that was annoying. So today I cleaned out the db and started over. Its managing to index the shows pretty decently. I'd say 90% or more of the shows are setup properly with cover art, and other metadata.

So I just found those controls in the android app, but its per file, and that is /incredibly/ annoying. You might as well not provide that setting for a Series. A movie sure.. but a 12, 22, 56+ ep series? /me shudders.

Tom

Yeah, its pretty useless (soft)subtitled for anime. It defaults to the english even when you tell it otherwise, and half or more? of the files seem to be detected wrong as you mentioned. Some have the audio and subtitle tracks listed, many don't.

Well should be ok for TV and Movies.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 12, 2012, 08:00:17 PM
Yeah, its pretty useless (soft)subtitled for anime. It defaults to the english even when you tell it otherwise, and half or more? of the files seem to be detected wrong as you mentioned. Some have the audio and subtitle tracks listed, many don't.

Well should be ok for TV and Movies.

Well you can always report the issue in the forums.. It might be due to the version ffmpeg used or something else

Lazybones

I noticed my media all was unknown, using mediainfo it appears to be a case of the media not the player that is at issue

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/42883-unknown-audio/

Test your multi-audio multi-sub files with http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en and see if they are correctly labeled.

Lazybones

The plex app just became officially available for Samsung Blueray players for free via the Samsung app store... very slick.