Main Menu

FALLOUT 4

Started by Mr. Analog, June 02, 2015, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 05:49:52 PM
Hm, interesting. It's hard to juggle between when you mostly only have one big room of each. lol. I'll eventually need to duplicate them mind you.

True!

Or as I'm learning smaller rooms may be better in the long run (easier to defend)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Interestingly I haven't had guys get off the first floor. Though it does make sense that a bunch of separate rooms might be easier to defend. But you get bonuses to having a larger room iirc.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 06:34:35 PM
Interestingly I haven't had guys get off the first floor. Though it does make sense that a bunch of separate rooms might be easier to defend. But you get bonuses to having a larger room iirc.

Yeah, when you fully upgrade a 1x3 room it gets hard to fight off enemies, like imagine just radroaches taking out armed, medium-level dwellers (if you aren't watching them)

Fire: No problem
Radroaches: Kinda problem
Molerats: Bring stimpacks
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 15, 2015, 06:45:16 PM
Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 06:34:35 PM

Yeah, when you fully upgrade a 1x3 room it gets hard to fight off enemies, like imagine just radroaches taking out armed, medium-level dwellers (if you aren't watching them)

Fire: No problem
Radroaches: Kinda problem
Molerats: Bring stimpacks
It's interesting.. I actually don't have a lot of problems currently with dwellers dying from fires, roaches or molerats for the most part. Usually only if they are low level, or my game bugs out and all of them seem to die all at once for seemingly no reason, and it won't let me try to select them during the fight so i can heal them. That hasn't happened a lot now that I restart the app fairly regularly (I used to like keeping it open and let things run a while, but now I just check a few times a day and "log out" otherwise).

Tom

I think it helps that i have those big rooms fully staffed most of the time. 6 people can take on a few roaches or moles no problem, especially when they all have guns that do like 5+ damage each.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 15, 2015, 06:59:41 PM
I think it helps that i have those big rooms fully staffed most of the time. 6 people can take on a few roaches or moles no problem, especially when they all have guns that do like 5+ damage each.

At higher levels it gets harder, believe me. All my dwellers are armed but I have to watch 'em when trouble happens.

I've had more dwellers die from molerats than deathclaws
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I hear it gets harder, though some of my weapons are a little OP, and I've been working on their endurance and levels, so many of my dwellers are pretty OP themselves, and with the 6 upgrade rooms I got so far, they'll only get better :D

When I get attacked by bandits i have to pay attention cause somehow they slip past the door room, and the people in there just "forget" they were fighting. Don't get it. Then I drag some people around if needed, but i gave the people in the room next to the door room better weapons and i rarely have to pay attention to it anymore.

Neither bugs nor molerats seem to bug my dwellers much anymore.

Mr. Analog

Bandits are no problem now that's for sure, I feel sorry for them

If they make it past the nuke launchers and assault rifles the shotguns and snipers will get them

I like how the value / damage of the guns is roughly proportional to the equivalents in the Fallout games :) Though to be fair if I was playing an evil character I wouldn't use the "Chinese Assault rifle" (AK-47) I'd sell 'em to the slavers for fat stacks of caps
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

What makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L. #2: PERCEPTION

https://youtu.be/Vw21X2jKwCM

This is hilarious even if you don't follow the game :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Alright, that was very well done.  They certainly know how to get that 50s instructional video feel.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on September 16, 2015, 02:28:58 PM
Alright, that was very well done.  They certainly know how to get that 50s instructional video feel.

That's for sure :)

They did something similar for Fallout 3 (the "Prepare for the Future" teaser site done by Gasket studios http://gasket.tv/projects/fallout3/ ) augh why can't this game be out now!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

"Building a long distance relationship"  I chuckled at that one.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 16, 2015, 04:15:35 PM
"Building a long distance relationship"  I chuckled at that one.

Eh heh heh

The best part is all the cartoony villains and weapons are in the game :) (though a lot less cute)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

What makes you S.P.E.C.I.A.L. #3: ENDURANCE

https://youtu.be/paYU1neP3xM

note: a BIT more violent than the last one
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

#FalloutFriday codes for Fallout Shelter

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/647448057936658432

NOTE: These are the Android codes, there is another tweet with iPhone codes
By Grabthar's Hammer