Main Menu

Minecraft 1.9

Started by Mr. Analog, February 25, 2016, 09:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

https://youtu.be/nEKIeQR9llA

Dual wielding!

New potion effects

More stuff in the End (a lot more stuff)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, my little guy's hoping I have this installed for him by the time he comes home from school.

apparently my job is less important than the new update.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on February 25, 2016, 10:28:11 AM
Yeah, my little guy's hoping I have this installed for him by the time he comes home from school.

apparently my job is less important than the new update.

Heh! Anybody want to host a new 1.9 server? :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, says here: http://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-pre-release-1/, that 1.9 will be released on Monday Feb 29th.  So not today, like was originally planned.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on February 25, 2016, 11:16:51 AM
Hmm, says here: http://mojang.com/2016/02/minecraft-19-pre-release-1/, that 1.9 will be released on Monday Feb 29th.  So not today, like was originally planned.

Ah! Okay, so I get some free time still then :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 25, 2016, 11:25:21 AM

I don't!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on February 25, 2016, 11:32:58 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on February 25, 2016, 11:25:21 AM

I don't!

Well to be fair I haven't been playing many games, trying to get some more art commissions done

One of them sent me back to school where I had to teach myself how to draw a style I'm not familiar with... the end result is gonna be worth a lot more than $20 though, that's for damn sure

I played Firewatch, it was OK, it's very linear though, but enjoyable. In retrospect I would have just watched a let's play, there's virtually 0 replayability.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

So, 1.9. Updating the home server was easy, just had to replace one .jar with another and update the batch file to call the new .jar. Updating the clients was easy, too. The only thing is Forge isn't ready yet so the mods we are used to don't work.

I think the coolest thing is the new boats. They have oars, they turn quickly with the directional keys, and THEY DON'T BREAK.

Tom, any chance you're going to update Planet Bob in the next little while?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on March 05, 2016, 08:18:32 AM
So, 1.9. Updating the home server was easy, just had to replace one .jar with another and update the batch file to call the new .jar. Updating the clients was easy, too. The only thing is Forge isn't ready yet so the mods we are used to don't work.

I think the coolest thing is the new boats. They have oars, they turn quickly with the directional keys, and THEY DON'T BREAK.

Tom, any chance you're going to update Planet Bob in the next little while?
We'll have to see. I don't have a lot of time and/or energy for the next week. If I have some downtime before the flight I can do it.

Tom

Well, ok, if its fully compatible, i can probably do it right now....

Tom

Yeah, hopefully nothing is broken, but i just ran: /etc/init.d/minecraft update    and now its updated :D  I always forget its just that easy now.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I can't reply on the server status thread, but yes, boats are amazing! You can even row them on obsidian.

Hey, did you know they added subtitles in? It's in the menu. Once turned on, there's a text popup in the bottom right telling you about sounds that you would hear...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Weird!

I did notice they have icons for status effects now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

WOAH COMBAT'S A LITTLE HARDER.

When you switch to your weapon, you'll see it slowly rise along the right side of your screen.  When it's all the way up, it'll do full damage.  If you just click like crazy like you used to do in 1.8.9 and before, your attack won't cool down and it'll do almost no damage.  The visual indicator is that you won't see your weapon rise back to the full ready position.  You can also go into the menu, go to Options -> Video Settings -> Attack Indicator, set that to "crosshair" or "hotbar" (or something like that), and you'll see an animation at your crosshairs or at your hotbar to show when your weapon is ready again.

Also, skeletons now start trying to flank you as soon as they enter combat with you.  Quite a bit harder to hit them with your arrows now, at least until you get used to it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful