Minecraft 1.18 The Caves & Cliffs Update Part 2

Started by Lazybones, July 13, 2021, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

IT'S HAPPENING!!

Why does it have to be a weekday lol
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 19, 2021, 06:20:23 PMIT'S HAPPENING!!

Why does it have to be a weekday lol

There is a fair bit changed in this release. I will look at updating the existing server to it but I think the plan should be for us to do a fresh start.

Not sure what mods or tools will be supported the world files have had some substantial changes and it jumps to a much more current version of java.

LennyLen

Quote from: Lazybones on November 19, 2021, 07:31:49 PMNot sure what mods or tools will be supported the world files have had some substantial changes and it jumps to a much more current version of java.

I'm sure we can all survive playing vanilla for a bit while everything else catches up.

Thorin

+1 Lenny.  I've been waiting a long damn time for the map to get wiped and restarted, lets just do that.  We need a good seed, though.  What do we want spawn to start in?  I prefer plains for a spawn point, and I also like spawn to be reset to 0,0 if possible.  Anyone else have any other preferences?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Plains are always welcome. I've been dying to get my Minecraft on so yeah vanilla sounds good to me. Can't wait to play with the new caves n @%&#

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

At this point I am somewhat ANTI water and jungle.. LOL but there are some good resources in oceans so can't exclude them.

Do we want to craft a very visible, creative mode style spawn this time? Maybe something simple or keep the world as pure survival as possible..

I was thinking something like just paving the spawn area square and lighting it up or something. Our last spawn was in the middle of a jungle and kind of sucked if you ever got respawned there even with how much we developed around that area.

Mr. Analog

I could be down for that. Though there's something to be said about building a safe spot in SMP. A team effort!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 20, 2021, 05:23:11 PMI could be down for that. Though there's something to be said about building a safe spot in SMP. A team effort!

Hmm forgot that mob light level spawning got a lot easier this update so YA maybe just leave it all creative, but I do want to mark it out this time.

Mr. Analog

Could be fun as a group activity!

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I like the idea of us building up spawn as we go, maybe start it as a 100x100 area with a fence around, all lit up.

Are you suggesting we start the server, switch to Creative mode and build it up, or never switch to Creative and build it all purely in Survival?  I like purely in Survival, for bragging rights.

We should use chunkbase.com/apps/biome-finder to pick a decent spawn, and I'd love to see the actual spawn point set to exactly 0,0.  Cuz I love geometrics.

And maybe we should plan a specific date/time to do this so we can all join in for the initial spawn build?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on November 23, 2021, 04:45:35 PMI like the idea of us building up spawn as we go, maybe start it as a 100x100 area with a fence around, all lit up.

Are you suggesting we start the server, switch to Creative mode and build it up, or never switch to Creative and build it all purely in Survival?  I like purely in Survival, for bragging rights.

We should use chunkbase.com/apps/biomefinder to pick a decent spawn, and I'd love to see the actual spawn point set to exactly 0,0.  Cuz I love geometrics.

And maybe we should plan a specific date/time to do this so we can all join in for the initial spawn build?

I was just considering loading the map up in creative myself, marking out the TRUE spawn area (paving or outlining it) and lighting it, then switching it back to survival

However we can instead we could keep it 100% survival.

If we want to make SPAWN a community site I suggest we agree in advance how we want that to look.. Maybe with a simple set of rules like making PLOTS right away and a 3 WIDE packed path system out X blocks to make spawn town.. Then we could claim the PLOTS one at a time and build useful shops and stuff for shared resources going forward.. NO ONE can build their HOME in that area but there might be a community in we all build to start and so there is always a sleeping / shelter spot if you DIE and get forced back to the original spawn.

Mr. Analog

I've always had fun setting up spawn in SMP there's a fun challenge to it especially when there are a bunch of players doing it.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah.  Now to find a decent spawn.  Plains of some sort (regular, sunflower, meadow?), ocean not too far away (300 blocks or less, maybe?), doesn't really matter about the rest, I'd say?  We'll find mountains where we find them, same with desert and savannah, and all that other jazz.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer