Main Menu

Transporter 2

Started by Ustauk, August 22, 2005, 08:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

If I remember right, I saw the original Transporter with some of you guys a while back. The sequel is coming out September 2.  I saw a trailer on TV yesterday, which looked exceedingly cool.  Here's a link to the Internet trailer, which I haven't had a chance to watch yet.   Pending reviews, does anyone want to go?

Melbosa

I'm in for this movie, just say when and where.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Haven't seen Tran1 yet, but the scene from Tran2 I saw on iFilm the other day made it look pretty intense action... Is it intelligent and/or funny too? The first one, I mean.

Would I enjoy it less not having seen #1 yet? I bought both Bourne ...y movies, and think the 2nd stood on its own if somebody hadn't seen the first, but that's a rare thing in action series...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

I own the first one if your interested in seeing it before hand DD.

Shayne

Transporter had so much promise.  I was expecting lots of car chases, and sure we got a little of that, and it was a good film.  The thing that really stood out to me was the HORID soundtrack.

Ustauk

This comes out tomorrow.  Does anyone want to go Saturday or Sunday?  I can make a run to AMA to pick up some $8 movie tickets.

Melbosa

Sunday Afternoon maybe for me :D

Ustauk

Quote from: "Melbosa"Sunday Afternoon maybe for me :D

Anyone else?

Lazybones

Ustauk

I talked to Mel, and we're currently scheduled for 3:15 tomorrow afternoon at South Edmonton Common for the Transporter 2.  I went down to AMA today, and the Platinum Plus tickets have dropped to $7.50.  I have four, so if anyone else wants to come (Lazy?)  I have two extra ones at that price.

Lazybones

$9.00 weekday matinees it might be better to keep those for normal showtimes.

At any rate I think I will be be there.

Ustauk

Quote from: "Lazybones"$9.00 weekday matinees it might be better to keep those for normal showtimes.

Good point, but then again a  $1.50 is a $1.50, and since we usually don't see movies on Friday night anyways, I should be able to get some more on the Saturday before we go to the theatres again (maybe for Aeon Flux or something).

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Ustauk"
Quote from: "Lazybones"$9.00 weekday matinees it might be better to keep those for normal showtimes.

Good point, but then again a  $1.50 is a $1.50, and since we usually don't see movies on Friday night anyways, I should be able to get some more on the Saturday before we go to the theatres again (maybe for Aeon Flux or something).

I'm wit ya for Aeon Flux, fo sho... PS: SouthEdmontonCommon? Now I know why you said something about dropping by my crib on the "way back home". Sorry I missed youz, hom'.

PS: When we doing the next Gateway yack-and-chalk gathering, y'all? It be the sweet shiznit when we all hang out and such. :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

So how was Transporter 2?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"So how was Transporter 2?

Reasonably good.  Over the top (some would say unbelievable :) ) physics, non stop action, some overacting, cheesy storyline, some great physically done effects, some cheesy CGI effects.  Not sure if I'd have payed full price, but worth $7.50 :)

Lazybones

Good fight scenes and some cool driving , destroed by physics not even passible by loonie toons standards.

Lacked the skill and more natrual effects of the first one.

Shayne

I believe Matt Good set it best...."Turning @%&# into solid gold".  Wasnt bad, but it was nowhere as good as the first.