Have you Played Texas hold'em before?

Started by TheDruid, August 22, 2005, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you Played Texas hold'em before?

Yes - I completely understand how to play, and I?m gona take your money
5 (71.4%)
No - Texas What?
1 (14.3%)
No - But I?ve seen it on TV and understand the rules (celebrity poker etc.)
0 (0%)
No - But i know what poker hands are, and what beats what
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 22, 2005, 05:07:23 PM

Darren Dirt

Thanks for coming guys, and congrats to Ustauk for a job well done (it was more than just "beginner's luck", seriously.)

I'm surprised we were all still alert until 1:30am and I'm especially surprised that nobody realized the new deck Melbosa opened had the Ace of diamonds still inside the package :o ::)

Fantastic time had by all 6 of us players; I can't believe it all actually came together and Murphy's Law was on vacation ;)

Countless LOL moments that I'll surely remember until I'm an old senile man... and, umm.. now what was I saying? Uh... :P

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Ustauk

Thanks to Darren for a great job hosting,  and to the rest of the players for a great game.  It was partially beginner's luck, but the rest was all the advice I got from the rest of the players.  Thanks, guys.

Darren Dirt

This weekend is a "go" for poker at my place again, for anyone interested.

Friday night probably preferable, but Saturday night is a possibility too I think.

So who's up for it? Lazy, hope to see you there if you can make it...

PS: Thanks to my 3 dear friends for letting me vent yesterday... I'm at a place of "acceptance" right now, hence the poker plans. I'll make it through this, without becoming some monster version of my true self. Something funny about perspective and long-term thinking, it helps bring about a sense of peace. Your guys' support is really appreciated.

(oh great, I'm gettin' all emotional in front of the whole Internet ;) )

Over and out,
Darren Dirt.
"The Cynical One" ;D

Melbosa

Sorry Friday is definately out for me.  Have to work all weekend.  Sat, well there was talk of D&D that night too, and again I am tenative of either as I may still be working.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Bummer re. Friday... We'll see how the other thread goes (maybe FridayPoker SaturdayD&D?)

PS: A few of us over dinner yesterday were talking about cards and such, "Kaiser" was mentioned:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiser_%28game%29

Kaiser is a card game which is only popular in the prairie provinces in Canada, namely Saskatchewan and parts of its neighbouring provinces. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the origins of this game. It is known that Kaiser has been played in mainly small Ukrainian towns, but there is no knowledge of this game actually coming overseas from the Ukraine. But there seems to be no historical record (spoken or written) that justifies it being a solely Saskatchewan area game. It is a tradition for some Ukrainian families to play this game during Christmas. The game delivers 32 cards of pure adrenaline.

*grin* never played it before, but funny it originated from us crazy prairie Ukes ;)