Temple of Elemental Evil

Started by Thorin, January 26, 2006, 05:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

The Temple of Elemental Evil is a single-player computer game wherein you lead a group of adventurers through the classic module.  Developed by Atari Software and Troika Games, it incorporates the full 3.5 rules (well, nearly).  Now, typically I would avoid such games because I know they're time-sinks, but this one was given to me for Christmas.

I've found that the combat system works very well at allowing you to do everything that is in the D&D 3.5 combat rules.  When I started describing this to Mr. Analog, he suggested that it would be a great way to learn all the possibilities of D&D3.5 combat.  So I looked around a bit, since I was looking for help on how to finish a non-combat quest, and I came across a fully-functional demo version.

Well, there are really two demos out.

The first demo is size-limited, with only one village and one dungeon area.

The second demo is time-limited, but includes all the maps required to finish the game.  They only give you six hours to do it, though.

If you want to give it a try, I recommend the game.  Just remember in combat to right-click on the character and explore the "radial menu" that comes up.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful