Main Menu

DVD-A Burners

Started by Zapata Prime, March 02, 2006, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapata Prime

OK here is one for all of you.. Does anyone know of a burner that supports DVD-A playback?? My boss blindsided me with that one this morning and I have no idea.  Any ideas?? Thanks!!
If there is one thing that Mahatma Gandhi stands for its REVENGE!!

Mr. Analog

D'ya mean DVD Audio?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Zapata Prime

Tyup DVD Audio. He wants a DVD burner that can play DVD Audio. None of the specs  that  I have  looked at say anything about DVD Audio playback..
If there is one thing that Mahatma Gandhi stands for its REVENGE!!

Lazybones

Found this thread about it http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/192524.html

It's a software issue not a hardware one.. I think any DVD burner could do it IF you found software that could author the disk.

3 problems.

1. Finding a DVD-A ripping program will be next to impossible

2. If DVD-A is not your source, what is the point?

3. The format is about as RARE as laser disks and in decline.

Tom

And here I thought a DVD Audio disk was just a DVD with mpeg audio in the AUDIO_TS folder, instead of system (video/audio) streams in the VIDEO_TS folder :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Cova

Pretty much any DVD drive should have no problems reading a DVD-Audio disk.  Finding software that can playback DVD-A also shouldn't be too much of a problem.  But finding a sound card that can actually reproduce the audio in its full quality is where you'll likely run into problems - not many cards out there will do the 192khz/24-bit sampling that DVD-A is capable of.