Intel Dual Core launch

Started by Lazybones, July 13, 2006, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3228

Launch of the desktop Dual core chips, the offical street date is supposed to be the 27th, after which you should see price cuts on both existing Intel and AMD chips.

I remember someone asking me about why AMD prices haven't droped yet, I guess you have to wait till after the 27th.

Maybe I should get a  AMD Athlon 64 X2 for my birthday. ;)

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I wouldn't put it past the Intel Reps at frag to mirror the launch there as well.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Cova

Intel has had dual-core for a while now.  The product being launched is their next-gen CPU core, AKA 'Core 2', AKA Conroe.

Tom

QuoteIntel has had dual-core for a while now.
Sure, but they sucked. The new Core 2's are quite impressive.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Cova

Just have to share this quote from one of the Core 2 Duo reviews I've read - talking about the P4 line...

"in other words, they've been hotter than Jessica Simpson and slower than, well, Jessica Simpson."

Ya - they have been benchmarking very well - we'll see how long they can keep the lead now, I keep hearing good rumors about K8L (AMD's next core).

Adams

Not to start any thing but... down with Intel... up with AMD. :D
"Life is make up of 2 types of people...
50% of People who do want to do things
50% of people who do not want to do things
The rest are all forced to do things."

Ustauk

Quote from: Adams on July 14, 2006, 01:02:04 PM
Not to start any thing but... down with Intel... up with AMD. :D
According to HardOCP, the higher end dual cores are somewhat better then the high end Athlon 64s for gaming, but the gap aint that bad.  They said AMD CPUs are looking a bit overpriced in comparison, but AMD is expected to have a big price drop shortly.  I'm crossing my fingers that it will be before Frag.