Greetings from Down Under

Started by Ustauk, October 16, 2006, 12:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ustauk

Greetings from the land down under!  Just thought I'd duck into a cafe in mainstreet Darwin and let you  ( and my folks through an email to my brother) that I had arrived safely.  The flight was long, but it went well ( I didn't die and my luggage made it here intact :) ).  My actual tour starts on Wednesday (It's 4:24 PM on Monday right now).  I'm currently operating on five hours sleep in the last forty or so, with about six to go before I can crash.  Thanks to several years of Fragapalooza, I'm actually not doing to bad :) .  I don't know how long it will be until I post again, since I'll be heading into more remote territory for a bit following this (though something tells me the internet will be there anyways :) ).  I'll try and keep you guys updated.  Take care.

Lazybones

Well you know it is fine to avoid computers and technology when you are on vacation.

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound.

P.S. Ustauk is one tough dwarf

Mr. Analog

Good to hear from ya, pound a few of those Aussie beers for me!

Edit: Oh yes, Ustauk is indeed a powerful dwarf!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

He also disabled (more like was hit by, or fell in) more traps than the two Rogues, but that is mainly because the Rogues where very challenged by the traps in the dungeon.

Thorin

Hope you have a great time down under!  Enjoy the warmth, we woke up to a light blanket of snow on the grass... :P
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

HandsomeDevil

Glad to hear your didn't end up on a desert island with castaways with incredibly convoluted and intertwined backstories.

Let me know when you start heading to the East coast. I spent two months surfing up and down the coast from Sydney to Townsville and can suggest some nice places to see.

Enjoy the sun. Remember, tanlines are for suckers.

CowGirl

Quote from: Lazybones on October 16, 2006, 08:48:03 AM
Well you know it is fine to avoid computers and technology when you are on vacation.

As can go with D&D  :P
i aM A NoBoDy, NoBoDy iS PeRfEcT, tHeReFoRe, I'M PeRfEcT!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: CowGirl on October 16, 2006, 11:57:54 AM
Quote from: Lazybones on October 16, 2006, 08:48:03 AM

As can go with D&D  :P

D&D goes everywhere! Even space!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

How can a Kiwi be a fruit and a bird?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Hello from Brisbane!  I hoping to leave this terminal uploading some photos after I go.  If it works, you can find them here.  I'll upload the rest when I get back.  I've had a blast here.  I've hiked above and swam in waterfalls in Litchfield Park, seen rock paintings at Kakadu, hiked 9 klicks around Uluru and six up King's Canyon, white water rafted in the rain forest near Cairns, snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef, went day sailing in the Whitsundays, and swam in a lake Mackenzie on Frasier Island.  Tomorrow I'll be trying to surf, and kayaking on the sea.  I'll be back home in a week, and I'll share my stories then.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again, but a great part of me doesn't want to leave.  See you when I get back.  Take care.

Brendan

sounds like a ton of fun Ustauk. Have fun on the rest of your trip, and cant wait to have ya back.

Lazybones

Sounds like a blast.... Have fun.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Ustauk on November 06, 2006, 07:52:27 PM
Tomorrow I'll be trying to surf, and kayaking on the sea.  I'll be back home in a week, and I'll share my stories then.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again, but a great part of me doesn't want to leave.  See you when I get back.  Take care.

Sweet, sounds like you did more than read books on the beach -- I am not only envious of you but happy for you. Surely life-long memories have now been implanted in your brain; you might never be fully "back" after your plane lands. I guess you have one potential "retirement home" candidate eh? ;D

PS: wtf? (seems like something out of The Flintstones :p

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 07, 2006, 11:57:10 AM
Tomorrow I'll be trying to surf, and kayaking on the sea.  I'll be back home in a week, and I'll share my stories then.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again, but a great part of me doesn't want to leave.  See you when I get back.  Take care.

Sweet, sounds like you did more than read books on the beach -- I am not only envious of you but happy for you. Surely life-long memories have now been implanted in your brain; you might never be fully "back" after your plane lands. I guess you have one potential "retirement home" candidate eh? ;D

That or Giant Stone Pac-Man is dying...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 07, 2006, 01:01:53 PM
Quote from: Darren Dirt on November 07, 2006, 11:57:10 AM

That or Giant Stone Pac-Man is dying...
It's one of the of a group of rocks in a formation called the Devil's Marbles.   You can find more pictures of them in my first Alice Springs gallery.