Sword and the Sorcerer sequel

Started by Thorin, June 14, 2010, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Wife and I went out with friends last night, and talk turned to movies from our childhood.  We ended up talking about a movie with a triple-bladed sword in it, and the other guy instantly knew what movie I meant, even though neither of us could remember the name.

So today I went searching for it.  The movie was The Sword And The Sorcerer.  In my searchings, I found out that there is a sequel planned called Tales Of An Ancient Empire!  I am absolutely flabbergasted that they would make a sequel to this film!  And yet...  I sorta wanna see it to see if it's just as b-rated.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

That is insane! I think I saw Sword and the Sorcerer way back in the early 90s on Pay TV.

I cannot believe there is going to be a sequel!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I first saw Sword and the Sorcerer in 1989, when I was 15.  Gratuitous nudity!  Awesome sword!  That guy from Night Court!  We should play this as a D&D module!

Yes, I was a nerd back then - weren't we all?  The funny thing was the guy I was talking weird/nerdy movies with claimed to be a popular guy in school, yet he watched and remembered Hawk The Slayer!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on June 15, 2010, 10:04:01 AM
I first saw Sword and the Sorcerer in 1989, when I was 15.  Gratuitous nudity!  Awesome sword!  That guy from Night Court!  We should play this as a D&D module!

Yes, I was a nerd back then - weren't we all?  The funny thing was the guy I was talking weird/nerdy movies with claimed to be a popular guy in school, yet he watched and remembered Hawk The Slayer!

Sometimes the difference between a nerd and a popular guy is simply how they look/dress and knowing when to keep their mouth shut.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on June 15, 2010, 10:20:50 AM
Sometimes the difference between a nerd and a popular guy is simply how they look/dress and knowing when to keep their mouth shut.

(requisite insert link to "American Splendor" scene where Toby is talking about Revenge Of The Nyerds and why it's such an awesome movie) (PS: not a caricature, real guy)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on June 15, 2010, 10:20:50 AM
Quote from: Thorin on June 15, 2010, 10:04:01 AM

Ain't that the truth...
By Grabthar's Hammer