Thanks - Netflix now I am hooked on Farscape

Started by Lazybones, January 10, 2011, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Yes, I know I am a little late on this one, but in my defence I didn't always have the cable channel it was on when it was airing and from what I recall the timeslot was always bad, even when it was rerun on other networks... I had seen one or two episodes before but never got into it...  Having whole seasons to watch and cue up on demand makes it too easy.

Mr. Analog

Man, I've had the FEVAH since the fourth episode or so when I first started watching (back in it's ugly timeslot on Space). It's one of the few series that just kept getting better and better over time and actually used a large ensemble cast to it's advantage.

I've been trying to buy the DVD box sets but they are impossible to find last I looked (and expensive when you do find them), I eventually got the whole series but I'd sure love to see this series in HD (which won't happen according to Brian Henson http://www.timtoon.com/2009/11/07/farscape-will-not-be-released-in-high-def/ ).

I've yet to see a Sci-Fi series with more heart to it.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

The picture quality on Netflix is good. I think the bigger problem is the aspect ratio since the shots would all be bracketed for SD, trying to change the aspect ratio with cropping and panning would be similar to what happened to normal movies when recut to SD from widescreen

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 11, 2011, 08:34:16 AM
The picture quality on Netflix is good. I think the bigger problem is the aspect ratio since the shots would all be bracketed for SD, trying to change the aspect ratio with cropping and panning would be similar to what happened to normal movies when recut to SD from widescreen

Yeah, that is annoying eh. I have so many videos that were 4:3 and there's just nothing I can do about some of them...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Yarg, so the morbidly curious me decided to check Amazon for the DVD set and you can get the whole series for $70~

So thanks Lazy and Netflix for making me check this out again :P

Ok, so Farscape nerd time! Who's your fave character??
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2011, 12:14:56 PM

Only about ep 8 in season 1 still so I can't say yet.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on January 11, 2011, 02:46:58 PM
* Tom hasn't watched any Farscape yet

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you really gotta check it out.

Quote from: Lazybones on January 11, 2011, 04:40:19 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 11, 2011, 12:14:56 PM

Only about ep 8 in season 1 still so I can't say yet.

Ahhh very cool! Watch the characters as they evolve, it's pretty amazing during the course of the series.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Up to about S1E12 now, we where discussing the characters last night and we both thought that Criton was the most flat character in the show despite being the main character.

Also my current favourite character is Pilot.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 12, 2011, 09:09:30 AM
Up to about S1E12 now, we where discussing the characters last night and we both thought that Criton was the most flat character in the show despite being the main character.

Also my current favourite character is Pilot.

I look at Chriton was the character that the viewer becomes, though they do flesh him out later, basically we observe everything through him at first.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

BAM!

Came in the mail today from Amazon, total price? $80

Total Awesome? Yes
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Yes, Netflix does not have season 4 or the peacekeeper wars yet.

But we are still on season 2 so that is ok

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on January 27, 2011, 08:22:37 PM
Yes, Netflix does not have season 4 or the peacekeeper wars yet.

But we are still on season 2 so that is ok

How'd ya like the end of Season 1? Pretty kickass eh?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Well Netflix ended up getting Season 4 just in time, but I ended up needing to find a copy of Peacekeeper wars.. We have now watched them all.

Pilot is still my favourite character however they didn't get his voice right in Peacekeeper wars...

Mr. Analog

Yeah, Lani Tupu sounded more like Crais than Pilot in PKWars...
By Grabthar's Hammer