Main Menu

Snow!

Started by Mr. Analog, November 14, 2011, 04:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Ding!

http://youtu.be/0E3xLaINDtY

So... ya still miss Edmonton Lazy?

*crunch crunch crunch crunch* <- sound of me going to the bus stop tomorrow.

In a way I'm glad I missed my bus this morning (relaxes with hot mug of cocoa in Black Mesa mug)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I can't watch the video as it's marked private, but I'm willing to bet it shows exactly the same as what's happening today.

I look forward to visiting this page tomorrow to see just how much snow fell: http://climate.weatheroffice.gc.ca/climateData/dailydata_e.html?timeframe=2&Prov=ALTA&StationID=50149&hlyRange=2012-04-10|2012-04-14&Year=2012&Month=11&Day=6

It's piling up huge in corners.  Highways and even local roads are getting shut down by police.  I think it's time to try putting it in 4-Lo and doing a four-wheel drift when going out.  Oh, or maybe it's time to not go out (for those scared of sliding).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

I think we got 6" or more out here at the park.

Total pileup on my deck? 8-9". Some may have been from before today. Maybe an inch or two.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on November 14, 2011, 04:33:38 PM
Ding!

http://youtu.be/0E3xLaINDtY

So... ya still miss Edmonton Lazy?

*crunch crunch crunch crunch* <- sound of me going to the bus stop tomorrow.

In a way I'm glad I missed my bus this morning (relaxes with hot mug of cocoa in Black Mesa mug)

My Facebook feed is full of snowy pics, but it is sunny and +11 out side..
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-74_metric_e.html

Darren Dirt

attached: 2 photos that I took around 3pm yesterday, looking outside from my work (just south of University of Alberta main campus)...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

OH yeah, sorry been juggling around my old YouTube channel a bit, I took some photos of out back, it was crazy yesterday
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I took some pics from my location as well... I don't think we got as much snow as you guys in the north.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Yeah, thanks for that Mel.  I hope your car's been plowed in.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on November 08, 2012, 03:02:36 PM
I took some pics from my location as well... I don't think we got as much snow as you guys in the north.

first time I have EVER used this image.

congrats.

Thorin

We hadn't moved our second car here since before the snow started falling.  I had to use it tonight so I cleaned off the snow.  The stuff on the hood was nearly as high as the roof.  The stuff on the roof was almost a foot deep.  When I got all the snow off the car, the snow on the driveway was too high to open the door, so I had to stomp it down (I guess I could've shovelled it, but that's too much work).  I then had to check that there were no cars coming and take a run down the driveway to make sure I made it out onto the street and didn't get stuck at the low point at the end of the driveway.

Ah, the fun of driving an old rear-wheel-drive Volvo station wagon with old possibly bald all-season tires.  Man, I really should get some new tires and fix the block heater plug so it'll work.  Or buy a new car.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

I am actually worried about the amount of snow I'll have to shovel to get my cars out of the garage, as I have no one looking after that at the house.  Just have someone whom is doing my walks.

Guess we picked a good time for our honeymoon. Hope the weather clears up in the next week for everyone.  Then I will back and have to deal with it all as well.  Good luck in the rest of the week.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Bah, it'll probably warm up and then most of the snow will melt before you get back.

Hope you're enjoying the warm weather and the time away with the wife.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

We're supposed to go into deep freeze here for a while, it might be a good idea to contact one of your neighbors and ask a favor. Unplowed drives are a calling card for break-ins :-/

Thorin did the trash guys take all that crap off your lawn? I hope so otherwise that's gonna be a bitch of a job :C
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Mr. Analog

I guess the radio was wrong this morning, they were calling for -20 and lower next week...
By Grabthar's Hammer