Filebot, bulk rename tool for TV and Movie files...

Started by Lazybones, December 12, 2011, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://filebot.sourceforge.net/

"FileBot is the ultimate tool for renaming your tv shows and anime, downloading subtitles from various sources or just simple file verification.

FileBot can be launched via Java Web Start. No manual download or installation required. "

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Yes, It worked great for TV and Anime but not so well for movies, but that is probably due to the very poor naming of the movie files.

Made sorting through some folder much easier.

I am thinking of adding the cli command to the complete script of my torrent program to ensure new downloads are named nicely.

Mr. Analog

Ah! I've been looking for a way to prune overly awkward title structures in my collection.

I'll give this a whirl
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Playing with it I found some aspects a little flaky... So I would suggest doing renaming in batches.  Also it does not appear to support moving files to named folders.

Movie mode looks at the name of the parent folder.... So if the folder name is bad it will not work nicely

Melbosa

I've had it miss-label some shows too... so I agree with Lazy... make sure you verify what it is doing and work in batches.  I had to do Eureka by Season, as it was flaky trying to do my collection by the whole.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Well it can't be much worse than some of the default names you find sometimes :)

Very cool find
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 13, 2011, 11:55:26 AM
Well it can't be much worse than some of the default names you find sometimes :)

Very cool find
Heh, well that depends. I tried both of the tv sources, and as far as I could tell, they both mis-guessed names. One was significantly worse than the other. Sometimes it'd decide Craig Ferguson is CSI or something stupid.

It was a little too error prone for me to actually attempt to rename stuff with it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 21, 2011, 01:58:40 PM
Also found this one

https://github.com/dbr/tvnamer

That looks like it could have potential :) thanks for that. When I get around to using a setup more like yours, that would be awesome to have scripted. Once a torrent is finished downloading, copy renamed files into tv folder, let files seed for a while and ballleet torrent files. Can't really just rename the files under the torrent program, unless it supports that sort of thing.

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on December 23, 2011, 10:50:25 AM
Also found this one

That looks like it could have potential :) thanks for that. When I get around to using a setup more like yours, that would be awesome to have scripted. Once a torrent is finished downloading, copy renamed files into tv folder, let files seed for a while and ballleet torrent files. Can't really just rename the files under the torrent program, unless it supports that sort of thing.

You can't really rename torrent files till you are done seeding / stop seeding, I can send you my current setup, it is stupid easy and working rather well now that most of the hard research and trial and error are done.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 23, 2011, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: Tom on December 23, 2011, 10:50:25 AM
Also found this one

That's what I figured, the torrent client I have lets you move the data, but not change any of the filenames. Was a long shot anyhow.

But yeah, if you could send what you have, that'd make things a bit easier.

You can't really rename torrent files till you are done seeding / stop seeding, I can send you my current setup, it is stupid easy and working rather well now that most of the hard research and trial and error are done.