Main Menu

Mob Grinder

Started by Thorin, May 22, 2012, 10:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

The general feeling I get from other forums is that large grinders tend to cause lag, however other do not..

Some people are indicating that it is flowing fluids like lava and water that create the lag, others say it is the number of mobs spawning dieing and spawning again...

hard to say really..

On a related note I removed the source blocks from my lava tower and it is taking mindcraft DAYS for it to dissipate... not sure if this is contributing or not.

Mr. Analog

I thought you needed to be logged in and on that chunk for changes like that to happen?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 31, 2012, 02:11:13 PM
I thought you needed to be logged in and on that chunk for changes like that to happen?

You do, I left my character logged in for several hours last night, and it was STILL going down slowly.... Didn't leave it over night, but I think I am going to need it.

Also noticed last night when going around portals that I almost completely lagged out going through one portal in particular. I plan on looking at that closer next time I am on.

Thorin

Does anyone have sugar cane or books / bookshelves?  I need to build an enchanting room by my skelly spawner and I don't think there's any sugar cane left anywhere near me.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I have a few bookshelves yes (like 30 or so)

I'll leave 'em in the community storage
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

lol  30 is exactly how many I need :)  Anything you need?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2012, 02:20:39 PM
lol  30 is exactly how many I need :)  Anything you need?

-Cobble
-Stone
-Bricks
-Clay
-Glowstones
-Slime drops
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I have all but glowstone, what would you like out of that list?  And how much do you need?

And I'm willing to do some work, like mine cobble and smelt to stone or stone brick, if that's required.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2012, 02:35:12 PM
I have all but glowstone, what would you like out of that list?  And how much do you need?

And I'm willing to do some work, like mine cobble and smelt to stone or stone brick, if that's required.

Whatever's handy...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You're way too easy to trade with :)  I'll bring some slime and some brick blocks and a bunch of stone, and I'll let you know when it's in the community storage chest.

I think I'll still need 3 sugar cane for the book for the enchanting table.  I have the obsidian and diamond required.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 31, 2012, 02:40:43 PM
You're way too easy to trade with :)  I'll bring some slime and some brick blocks and a bunch of stone, and I'll let you know when it's in the community storage chest.

I think I'll still need 3 sugar cane for the book for the enchanting table.  I have the obsidian and diamond required.

I collected some and planted them near my house when I first got started, feel free to prune them (just be sure to replant). In the past I have created massive amounts of sugar cane, at one point the entire beach in front of the area with my tall buildings was all sugar cane...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

LennyLen

There's also a complete sugar cane room at The Farm.

Thorin

Mr. Analog farming XP :)  I think he went from level 0.5 to level 32.5 during these screen shots.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

It was crazy man, crazy!
By Grabthar's Hammer