Minecraft glitching :(

Started by Thorin, June 24, 2012, 02:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyLen

QuoteHowever, sometimes when you look down the floor disappears.  I'm really not sure what to do about that with the current hardware, so...

Did you try the multithreaded optimization setting in the NVIDIA control panel?

Thorin

Quote from: LennyLen on July 01, 2012, 06:47:23 PM
QuoteHowever, sometimes when you look down the floor disappears.  I'm really not sure what to do about that with the current hardware, so...

I did turn it off, it seemed to work, then the kids had some more missing floors, then I turned it on, then they had lots of missing floors, then I turned it off again.  The strange thing is, I can't get it to happen when I'm at the keyboard, but as soon as they sit down and I'm standing behind them, sure enough, there it goes.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

You can have the card, I'd much rather someone use it than me sending it to the recycler.

If you are in the office Wednesday I'll bring it in.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on July 02, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
Quote from: LennyLen on July 01, 2012, 06:47:23 PM

I did turn it off, it seemed to work, then the kids had some more missing floors, then I turned it on, then they had lots of missing floors, then I turned it off again.  The strange thing is, I can't get it to happen when I'm at the keyboard, but as soon as they sit down and I'm standing behind them, sure enough, there it goes.

They both played multiplayer for a half hour this morning and neither remembers the floor disappearing.  That's promising!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Uhh, I may not be in the office tomorrow. I'll text you if I won't be there...

I got Tekkit problems (it's too fun and I may be bagged tomorrow morning) :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 04, 2012, 12:27:06 AM

Heh, you think /you'll/ be bagged....
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Yeah, I'm up late, too.  Lets just work from home tomorrow (well, later today).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 04, 2012, 01:40:33 AM

Yeah, I'm up late, too.  Lets just work from home tomorrow (well, later today).

Just sent you a text, I went to bed but... mind was humming for another hour lol

I'll be in Thurs/Fri
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm, I'm not in a big rush for these vid cards now - we seem to have found an equilibrium with OptiFine, View Distance - Short, changing the "threaded optimization" setting, and a thorough cleaning of the insides of the computer cases that makes it so the ground doesn't glitch out anymore.

Nevertheless, I'd still like to upgrade the vid cards (and the one power supply) as Minecraft and TVersity at the same time means choppy video playback for people streaming stuff from TVersity (and I think a better vid card will help in that regard).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

If you're in tomorrow I'll bring it with me :)

Otherwise you can stop by on the weekend maybe?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Prolly not in tomorrow.  I'll arrange a little trip out to your place and Tom's at the same time.

Given that these cards are five or so years old, how much cash do you want for it?  $20 enough?  Or were you expecting a lot more?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on July 05, 2012, 03:58:26 PM
Prolly not in tomorrow.  I'll arrange a little trip out to your place and Tom's at the same time.

Given that these cards are five or so years old, how much cash do you want for it?  $20 enough?  Or were you expecting a lot more?

Pff, for you? The price is Chicken for Lunch :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 05, 2012, 04:17:01 PM
Quote from: Thorin on July 05, 2012, 03:58:26 PM

Pff, for you? The price is Chicken for Lunch :)
I wouldn't mind such a thing myself :)

Thorin

Ah, a wise choice in payment!  Enrich Amy, fill belly, get rid of computer junk from five years ago!  Nicely played.

Tom, you wanna meet us for lunch at CFL sometime?  We can set that up outside of these forums...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on July 05, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
Ah, a wise choice in payment!  Enrich Amy, fill belly, get rid of computer junk from five years ago!  Nicely played.

Tom, you wanna meet us for lunch at CFL sometime?  We can set that up outside of these forums...
Sure :) Let me know when's good :) (sadly tomorrow isn't for me :( )