new player: Aethun

Started by Thorin, June 30, 2012, 03:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Don't know how often you check here, Aethun, but that new player LadyLeenie didn't know about the Overviewer so didn't see that she was building right next to your southern location (http://mc.tomasu.org/#/107/64/1615/-1/0/0).  I told her and YellowBear to not cross the river, but instead build northwards.  They're also planning a village :)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Hmm, I may have to get building my suburbs soon haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Okay, that's no problem. And here I thought I would be pretty isolated :) One of them gave me quite a scare when I was building, showed up from nowhere heh.

Anywho, the inn is coming along nicely. The basic structure is done, just need to furnish and build the roofs. For the latter I need a whole lot of clay, but I can't seem to find any nearby.

Tom

Quote from: aethun on July 12, 2012, 02:29:10 PM
Okay, that's no problem. And here I thought I would be pretty isolated :) One of them gave me quite a scare when I was building, showed up from nowhere heh.

Anywho, the inn is coming along nicely. The basic structure is done, just need to furnish and build the roofs. For the latter I need a whole lot of clay, but I can't seem to find any nearby.
Ocean floor is a rather good place. Lakes are good too, and swamps I think are the best.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on July 12, 2012, 02:33:37 PM
Quote from: aethun on July 12, 2012, 02:29:10 PM

Ocean floor is a rather good place. Lakes are good too, and swamps I think are the best.

Swamps are pretty good, actually I think I have a couple stacks of bricks if you want them.

I can leave them in one of the community chests near Spawn
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 12, 2012, 02:38:16 PM

That would be awesome!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: aethun on July 12, 2012, 03:09:27 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on July 12, 2012, 02:38:16 PM

That would be awesome!

Cool, I'll log in sometime tonight and drop 'em off and post here.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, LadyLeenie didn't realize you were just around the bend (of the river) until after they'd built their bridge already.

For clay, you can talk to LennyLen.  He had a whole bunch that he was going to give to me that I haven't got around to yet.  I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving 'em to you instead.  I'm not in need of clay and bricks at present anyway.

If you're going digging for clay, LEAVE YOUR VALUABLES AT HOME.  Seriously.  I drowned digging for clay in three blocks of water, then later in two blocks of water!  When you're drowning, you get knocked downwards every time you lose a bubble.  If you don't have any upward momentum before you start getting this knock-down, you will not build up any upward momentum.  So in 10 seconds (10 hearts) you will not be able to jump up onto a single block.  So the rule is always start moving up before your bubbles run out so that you have upward momentum or be ready to plant a door / torch / fence / something to provide an air pocket underwater.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

A stack and a half dropped off at the "free stuff" house near spawn:
http://mc.tomasu.org/#/14/64/2/max/0/0
By Grabthar's Hammer

aethun

For some reason I have problems entering that house. I open the door, walk in and then keep getting "teleported" to the entrance. I couldn't open the chests on the top of the house either. Any idea why this is?

edit: I manage to get in by jumping furiously. But I still cannot open any chests. Maybe you can place the stacks in your house?

LennyLen

The problem is that the community chests are too close to the spawn point, so nobody without Operator status can open them.

Mr. Analog

Sure I can put that in the house, np
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well that explains why stuff in there wasn't removed from there :P  Maybe we'll have to move the free stuff house?  Any idea how far away we'd have to move it?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

aethun

Probably not very far as I can access the chests in Mr. A's house.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: aethun on July 15, 2012, 09:22:49 AM
Probably not very far as I can access the chests in Mr. A's house.

D'oh! I knew I forgot something.

I'll log in here in a moment.
By Grabthar's Hammer