Main Menu

Started by Mr. Analog, August 01, 2012, 02:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Hmm...  I'll look at it.  Might need to remove the client from his machine, then pop it back on.  At the moment, all he has is the Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack installed as OptiFine wasn't necessary to make it playable anymore (like it was in 1.2.5).

Can you IM me a sample string?  Are these strings from the chat window, maybe?  Or would they be internal under-the-hood strings?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 09, 2012, 11:53:44 AM
Hmm...  I'll look at it.  Might need to remove the client from his machine, then pop it back on.  At the moment, all he has is the Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack installed as OptiFine wasn't necessary to make it playable anymore (like it was in 1.2.5).

Can you IM me a sample string?  Are these strings from the chat window, maybe?  Or would they be internal under-the-hood strings?
I was going to post them but I accidentally CTRL+Ced the server, and those messages were to STDERR which wasn't captured by the log file or tmux, so they disappeared. If they pop up again, I'll paste them.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yeah I had to redownload the jar, the 1.3 BDCraft "worked" but performance was ass.

My water shader mod also has some issues, as well as better grass and HD texture packs from MC patcher

For now I'm content with 1.3 as is, but I look forward to mods catching up.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Tom on August 09, 2012, 01:32:21 PM
Quote from: Thorin on August 09, 2012, 11:53:44 AM

I was going to post them but I accidentally CTRL+Ced the server, and those messages were to STDERR which wasn't captured by the log file or tmux, so they disappeared. If they pop up again, I'll paste them.

Quotejava.io.IOException: Received string length longer than maximum allowed (7168 > 16)
That.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Huh, I wonder what in the world that could be.  Lots of others have it too: https://www.google.ca/search?q=minecraft+string+length+longer+than+maximum&rlz=1C1CHMO_en-gbCA484CA484&aq=1&oq=minecraft+string+length+&sugexp=chrome,mod=19&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sounds like it's a version mismatch.  Maybe he's trying to run it on the computer I did not update yet.  Or maybe my update didn't work correctly.  I'll look at it this weekend.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Here's the complete changelog in a post: http://www.minecraftnews.net/showthread.php?2210-Minecraft-1-3-1-Live!

Lazy, apparently portals now work above level 127...

post 2
Fixed many bugs
    Fixed Overworld portals above Y=127 not being recognized when leaving the Nether.

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Oh, also pistons now take 2 redstone ticks (4 game ticks) to expand instead of 1 redstone tick.  That will probably mess up all kinds of mechanisms.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 12, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Oh, also pistons now take 2 redstone ticks (4 game ticks) to expand instead of 1 redstone tick.  That will probably mess up all kinds of mechanisms.

YES dammit, that's why my door is bugged

The repeater to control that middle bit is buried inside circuitry now too :C
By Grabthar's Hammer