Main Menu

Alphas

Started by Melbosa, August 16, 2012, 02:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

I have been watching this show now and have been really enjoying it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphas

I got onto it when Tom mentioned that Warehouse 13 characters were showing up in the show, but I have yet to see any and am completely caught up.  I might have missed them though.  With Eureka done, I was hoping to find another sci-fi style show to hold my interest.

Its a take on super heroes in the real world again, just like the Heroes tv show was, but with less "powerful" characters and more entertaining dialogue.  And the autistic geek played by Ryan Cartwright, whom also played a character in Bones from time to time that my wife likes to watch, is by far the favorite character for me.  Ryan seems to like those odd ball characters with ground and yet humour involved.  He did so well in Bones, and is again playing such a different, and yet believable character, in Alphas.

On it's second season, it isn't as bleak a world as Heroes had made by this point, and there isn't any time travel "yet".  If you are looking for that next show to hold its own, I urge you to check this one out!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!