Main Menu

Stolen Goods

Started by Thorin, August 30, 2012, 11:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Signed in today to find a couple of nice little door-sized holes in the side of my hotel.  So I checked on my stores - I'm missing 8 full stacks and 1 partial stack (I think 38) of diamonds, and 1 full stack of iron ingots (thanks to my OCD organizing I can tell exactly what's missing).  They were nice enough to drop some of their existing gear into my Minerals chest (three books, some torches, some string, some purple wool).

Tom, as admin are you able to check other people's inventory when they're not online?  I'd be interested to know who's running around with 8+ stacks of diamonds.

Also, why wouldn't one just use the doors?  They're not protected, anyone can walk through them, why dig holes in the walls?  Now I gotta go fix it <grumble grumble>

Also also, I'd like one of the ops to spawn me back in those stacks of diamond and that stack of iron.  It took me way too long to accumulate all that.

Also also also, YellowBear_ and BMan_C might be missing diamonds as well, I checked their shared house and they don't seem to have any in their chests (but they could be carrying them around, so I'll ask them first).

I suggest everyone check their chests for missing valuables.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Okay, turns out I have Op status so I can create my own diamonds / iron / saddle / torches (yes, they stole a saddle and torches).  Thanks Lenny for coming and helping.  Now I just wanna know who did it.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I'll see what I can do about figuring out who has your ill gotten booty. Might happen tomorrow if things go well, if not, it'll be on the weekend.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

You're supposed to be going to sleep! :P
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 30, 2012, 11:58:05 PM
You're supposed to be going to sleep! :P
I always seem to get sidetracked for a while after saying I'm going to dlrrp. At least I'm in bed now ;D (DAMN YOU NEXUS 7 TABLET. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!!!)

Mr. Analog

The plot thickens:

-Lots of broken windows and walls
-A missing enchanting table near spawn
-Doors left open all over
-A waterfall leaking out of the bio dome tower

And most interesting of all it appears as though someone met an untimely end at Pier 2 at the Edge City docks (see picture).

Their stuff was still on the floor.

I repaired a few things here and there but everyone should log in and take stock. I repaired some stuff already but some things (like Tom's house) were damaged more extensively (I think).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The log shows one unknown person (Kursed89) trying to join last night after you left, but it doesn't seem they were successful.

Other than that, I know everyone who was on last night, and stuff de-spawns after 5 minutes.

Thorin

Ha ha, how do you die in there?  No stacks of diamond in the dropped loot, though.

But anyway, yeah, someone came through the last few days and clearly decided to fart around with other people's builds.

Also, someone built a tower of trees: http://mc.tomasu.org/#/-88/64/-23/max/0/0

Tom, that might've been from before last night...  Did Kursed89 log in earlier in the week as well?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Zombie attack? There was rotten flesh in the pile of stuff
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I've been looking, and the damage to my place goes back quite a ways. The water off the biodome tower thing goes back to the 25th.

I'll look at more places if people can get me coords of specific things to compare.

Mr. Analog

The missing enchanting table near my house at spawn. I'm pretty sure that was most recently?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ok, I guess let me know if we want to keep the world as is or if we want to roll back.

I've got the urge to build stuff again
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Maybe we should keep it and just plan a cleanup night where we all get on and fix things.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Where exactly was the enchanting table?

Mr. Analog

There's a small brick building just south of the sign at spawn, I've replaced the crafting table already on the server.

I also went around and fixed some trees, holes and busted windows but there's a lot of random damage.
By Grabthar's Hammer