Main Menu

Stolen Goods

Started by Thorin, August 30, 2012, 11:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Ugh that blows, do you need any help recovering stuff?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on December 12, 2012, 07:58:43 AM
It appears one of them fell from the top of the tower though, as I found their belongings in the lake below.

Wouldn't that mean you where only 5 min behind them and they are active on the server? I thought items disappear after 5 min?

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 12, 2012, 09:25:33 AM
It appears one of them fell from the top of the tower though, as I found their belongings in the lake below.

Wouldn't that mean you where only 5 min behind them and they are active on the server? I thought items disappear after 5 min?
The item timeout timer stops when chunks are unloaded.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

It could be that they died there, spawned back at their bed at spawn, then never went back to get their gear.  I'm guessing it wasn't all that impressive anyway.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

In many ways it's a pity Ender Chests weren't around before all this. You can use them as safes for your valuables.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

The griefers traveled quite extensively over the server.  They appear to have gone overland to my farm (takes a good half an hour at least), and from there they used my Netherrail to get to Nordvang.  They caused minor damage at the farm, and attempted to set loose all my animals, but luckily not many strayed.

They did more damage at Nordvang, and ruined some redstone circuitry it had taken me a while to set up.  It appears one of them fell from the top of the tower though, as I found their belongings in the lake below.

By the way, where's your farm?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 12, 2012, 09:56:30 AM
In many ways it's a pity Ender Chests weren't around before all this. You can use them as safes for your valuables.

Can they not still be destroyed by other players?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on December 12, 2012, 11:51:17 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 12, 2012, 09:56:30 AM

Can they not still be destroyed by other players?

Even if they are your stuff is still there, just craft another Ender Chest :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 12, 2012, 11:54:46 AM

Nice, and that doesn't depend on at least one chest existing? (not that redundancy would be that hard)

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on December 12, 2012, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 12, 2012, 11:54:46 AM

Nice, and that doesn't depend on at least one chest existing? (not that redundancy would be that hard)
Nope. each user has their own enderchest inventory. Even if all the chests are destroyed, the stuff is still there.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

I think Lazy might be coming back to play soon :)

Yeah, think of the ender chest as just interface between your avatar and your avatar's private inventory-in-a-pocket-dimension.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 12, 2012, 12:56:59 PM
I think Lazy might be coming back to play soon :)

I have popped on a few times to pick away at things http://mc.tomasu.org/#/486/64/423/-1/0/0 . I have a lot more demands on my normal day and home time these days... Sitting down for hours (it does take hours) of minecraft has not been in the cards.

Thorin

Hey, I was wondering who put the lavaflow up there :)  And that floating island, have you made it bigger or did you move the trees?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on December 12, 2012, 01:14:08 PM
Hey, I was wondering who put the lavaflow up there :)  And that floating island, have you made it bigger or did you move the trees?

It is getting bigger slowly, surface area is a pain, the bigger it gets the slower the perceived progress.. It takes several stacks of dirt to just increase a few squares in each direction.

Thorin

I hear ya, it took almost 18 stacks of smooth sandstone just to lay the floor in Grand Central Station.  And then I filled in caves right under the floor (since I was falling down there anyway), which took another 3 or 4 stacks of dirt and cobble.

Do you have any grandiose plans for it?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful