Started by Lazybones, August 28, 2012, 12:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

That's an excellent question actually.

Talk about an over-saturated market.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hah, but they're still selling the cartridges, just they stopped making the sell-at-a-loss printers.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

The replacement ink was their product, the printers were sort of a bonus item LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

I was being sarcasmic, kinda ... because so often laser printers are also sold new for less than a hundo but the "ink" cartridge is like $90+ to replace, it's pretty much cheaper no matter what kind of printer nowadays to just buy a whole new electronic gizmo than to replace the cart.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

And the Toner in my Color Laser is still cheaper than buying the whole printer out right... sorry that cost comparison only works in the low ends of the printers today.  Mid level printers are still more than the sum of the toner in them.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Yeah, my printer was $300 or more. toner is about $80 or so per cartridge. And it takes four. So not cheap to refill, but I only need to do it every few years. so w/e. I bought this thing like 3 years ago or so, and I'm still on the original half sized/filled (2500 page) cartridges. Black and cyan are at 44%, magenta is at 55%, and yellow is at 33%. Not sure why yellow is used so much more. meh.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Yeah, I'm going laser myself. I'm sick of all this malfunctioning goo and jets and whatnot.

It printed amazing photos when I first got it but I rarely find myself making prints at home.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Melbosa on August 28, 2012, 03:49:09 PM
And the Toner in my Color Laser is still cheaper than buying the whole printer out right... sorry that cost comparison only works in the low ends of the printers today.  Mid level printers are still more than the sum of the toner in them.

Sorry, to clarify: I AM THE ANTI-BENETTON AD (aka I need no COLOUR in my printer).

obviously color laser (and inkjet?) = a wee bit more expensive electrogizmo. I admit that. I just don't care cuz black+white is good enough for :thumbs:this guy.

...I am really sleep deprived today...

Mr. Analog

The best printer I ever owned was an Apple Imagewriter II, it was a ribbon printer and it lasted forever

Who needs all that technical shizzle whizzle anyway!
By Grabthar's Hammer